drabble ~ dream bigger, darling

a/n: hi everyone. this is just a fun little drabble that I completely forgot to add into the actual chapter lmao, so here it is! and I'm absolutely not alluding to anything at all with these two or am I? 🤭💖

~ in Phuket ~

Yoongi had never slept in the spare bedroom until now. He didn't realize how uncomfortable and stiff the bed was. You insisted on taking it, but he wouldn't let you since you still had one more night left in Phuket.

After tossing and turning for the last 20 minutes, he was fed up, flinging the duvet across the bed, standing to his feet to head to the living room. The only thing that would help him sleep was his comfort movie.

You weren't sure if it was Yoongi's presence or the Thai Iced Coffee that kept you up. Regardless, you needed a distraction to help you fall asleep.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Yoongi asked when he saw you open the door with sleepy eyes.

You shook your head, walking over to sit beside him. "Can't sleep." As your vision became clearer, you squinted to ensure you weren't seeing things. "Are you watching Inception right now?"

"Yeah, it's my comfort movie."

You couldn't help but laugh. "It's your comfort movie? How is it a comfort movie? Explain."

He shrugged. "I don't know. It just is. Don't judge me."

"I'm not."

"You most certainly are. Fine—what's your comfort movie?"

Of course, you had to say your favorite of all time, "10 Things I Hate About You."

Yoongi tuts. "I figured it'd be some romantic, cheesy shit."

"I'm sorry, but 10 Things I Hate About You is a fucking masterpiece. Have you ever seen it?" you quip back.

"Don't need to."

You dramatically gasp, grabbing the remote from the coffee table. "Oh—you can't say anything if you've never seen it!"

"Yah—it's not finished."

"Well, you intruded on my solo weekend, so technically it's still my turn to watch." You stuck your tongue out when he tried to reach for the remote.

Yoongi's lips thinned, letting you have your way. He could just finish it another time because he was sure this film would put him to sleep.

The film is halfway in, and you find yourself looking at Yoongi every now and again. He was slumped back into the couch, his eyes slit getting smaller and smaller as time passed.

"What are you doing?" he asked, not even looking in your direction.

"Nothing—I'm watching the movie."

He turned his head to you. "You're watching me watch the movie," he suggested.

You cleared your throat, shifting into a more comfortable position on the couch. "I'm just trying to see if you're enjoying it."

He shrugged. "It's fine."

"It's fine? That's it! That's all you have to say?" You caught yourself almost getting out of your seat before you cower back to your previous position.

"What else do you want me to say? It's your typical romantic teen comedy."

"Yeah—but hello, Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles, and Joseph Gordon Levitt." Considering that Inception also starred JGL. "Not to mention all the stupid jokes—I thought you'd enjoy it."