Chapter 13

Bellas pov

I don't know when I fell asleep but when I woke up five minutes ago I was in a room I don't recognize

I don't know when I fell asleep but when I woke up five minutes ago I was in a room I don't recognize. Last thing I remember was Luke carrying me out.

The whole drive to wherever we are now felt like maybe 5 hours but I'm not sure cause my sense for time is really bad.
I was also half asleep the whole time. Luke did not talk to me much. Only said how happy he was to see me again. I didn't feel his happiness at all. It felt to me like a sick twisted obsession.

I mean why would he even follow me till here? Normally if a girl rejects a boy or breaks up with him it would be just a time being of heartbreak but Lukes love is literally like a possession. And this fact scares me.

I let my gaze wander through the room again.
No windows. Of course.
A locked door.
Only one big bed on which I'm sitting right now. And a gigantic wardrobe.
It's not to overlook that this room's never been used before.

What does he plan with me? My family must be worried sick by now. I even texted my mom that I would be there for Dinner. Should I try run away ?

I walk to the door and try to open it. It's locked. Of course. Wouldn't want his toy to run away now would he.

I sighed. But I already knew that even running away wouldn't work. It's impossible.
I knew it when I heard Lukes voice behind the door of the office room.
I opened it. Cause I knew there's no escape now.

When I heard a key rattle on the door I instantly straightened up.
The door slowly opened and Luke enters the room, closing the door behind his back.
His gaze wanders up and down my whole body.
I still sit on the mattress and clench the sheets with my hand.
I'm scared.
I don't trust him anymore.
2 years ago I knew he would never hurt me. I felt safe when I was with him.
And now...
Theres just this deep hole in me. Lukes real personality vanished his old picture i had of him.
I don't know him anymore.

Many I'm thinking too much about it. Maybe it's not as bad as I think it is. They said he killed people. I don't even think I want to know how many. Innocents? Or only the ones that defied him ? Maybe he only liked the Hide and seek game he texted me about. Now that he has me maybe he gets bored with me and throws me away.

But I can see in the hunger in his eyes that that's not the case. I hate how my body gets hot when his eyes travel along my body. I hate that I still love him. Never stopped. Am I a bad person if I'm in love with a killer?

Yes. I am.
For the sake of the families of the people who were killed...I can't give him love. He doesn't deserve it.

He slowly steps toward me.
When he reached me he kneels down and touches my legs and strokes it with his thumb.

I tense up.

"Can you imagine how much I missed you?" His voice cracks while talking.
I can see how much me being gone has affected him. His face is pale and he looks like he ate less. Did he really deserve that? Maybe the people he killed deserved it. I shake my head. When I start thinking like that I won't be able to hold my ground.

"My parents are probably worried sick right now." I ignore his question and say this with a calm voice.

I'm surprised by myself how I can sound this calm in a situation like this.

,,Why....Why are you still thinking about your parents when I am IN FRONT OF YOU'' he grits his teeth and his grip around my legs tightens.

"Luke, you're hurting me!"

He lets go of me in an instand, stands up again and cups my face with his hands. "I'm sorry, my love. It's just so damn frustrating how you can think of anything else when I'm here. I'm in front of you. I wasn't for 2 years now. Did you not miss me at all?" Of course I did. I missed the Luke I fell in love with. Not the murderer standing in front of me.

,,I missed the old Luke. Not you''

,,There never was a OLD Luke! I've never changed! Just your picture of mine became a different one. But I am the same!''
He screamed the last words.

I slap his hands away from my face and jump up.
,,You hid from me the secret which makes your whole personality!! I never even KNEW who you are'' I almost screamed back.

"I won't let you go, Bella. You're mine. You will stay here until you get that."

He slammed the door as he left me back in this room again.