Chapter 17

Luke's POV:

She wanted me to kiss her

She wanted me to kiss her. I knew she never stopped loving me. And how adorable she is when she worries about me.
But she refuses to accept that love inside of her. And I have to make her accept it.

I look at my clock. 4 am.
Maybe I should go to sleep again.
Next to Bella.
But I know that I first have to deal with this situation.

I walk in front of my lined men.

,,15 of you try to collect information about these new enemies. Or if these are old enemies. Find out. The rest search up the area. They can't be too far. Go now!''

They can't be too far? What am I Even saying when they flew away in a helicopter? I walk back into my office and open the window.

"There seems to be trouble." I turn around and Stefa and Alvaro stand in the door. I didn't even hear them enter.

,,Arghh'' I rub my forehead as if it hurts. ,,So you already heard of it?''

,,Do we already know who it was?'' Stefa asks.

,,No'' I say.

,,Did you see any hints when you saw them escape?''

,,NO!'' I shout.

Stefa frowns of surprisement.

,,Sorry'' I sigh ‚,I'm not in a good mood. This pisses me off. How they could just walk into my house and leave it again.''

"It's alright. Everyone makes mistakes. You just need to learn from them. Think of how something like this won't ever happen again." That surprised me. Alvaro never talks to me like that. He-

"Spoken like a true father." Feels like she could read my thoughts.

"Anyways. I heard you locked up the girl. How did you find her? Why don't let her go if she wants? We didn't raise you like that, Luke. You can't kidnap a girl and demand she loves and accepts you."

"BUT SHE DOES LOVE ME. SHE JUST NEEDS TIME TO ACCEPT IT. IF YOU CAME HERE TO HOLD ME A LECTURE YOU CAN GO AGAIN." I- I never yelled at my parents. I- what's wrong with me?

I go aggressively though my hair with my hand.

Alvaro steps in front of us and lays his hand on my shoulder. He squeezes it and looks me deep in my eyes ,,Just don't let this go too far. If you love her you have to know what's best for her and put your own desires in the background. Dont let your feelings destroy you both. This is not how you win your heart.''

,,So what do you want me to do?!'' I yell out of control ,,You want me to let her go and escape? You want her to disappear again?! Sorry, I CANT DO THAT''

I'm too desperate for her love. I need her. "I know I shouldn't force her to stay with me. But she would leave me. She just needs a bit of time to understand everything." I whispered after yelling at them. I should apologise but somehow I don't feel particularly sorry.

Stefa and Alvaro exchange glances. ,,Do as you wish. But when I hear anything about you hurting her...don't be surprised if I intervene'' Stefa says and they both leave again.

I throw myself at my desk chair and sigh.
This is a whole mess.

*knock knock*

"Come in."

Three young men enter the office and I recognise them as the patrol for this morning.
Two of them are limping and the third is holding his arm with his hand, blood sicking throw his fingers.

"What happened? Where are the other two of the patrol?"

,,Sir-...'' the one with soaking blood grinds his teeth out of pain.
One of the other men continues talking for him. ,,They weren't all gone. Some of the enemies hid in our territory after the attack. We spot...and nearly caught two of them. But two others of them attacked us from behind. We were distracted of the ones in front of us, sir. I'm sorry''

,,They came all prepared and their work wasn't done by just taking the parents with them....Wait. When-When happened this?'' I jump up.

The men look each other confused in their faces as if their not used to my temperament. ,,Like...10 minutes ago.''
Fuck. Were they...?
No time to think.
I run out of the room and sprint up the stair.
I burst open Bellas door out of breath.

She squeaks in surprise and jumps from the bed. She holds her hands before her body as to protect herself.
I sighed relieved and hugged her close.

"Thank god, you're still here. I would've fallen apart if you were gone again."

,,What are you talking about?'' She asks confused. ,,Where should I be? The door is locked you don't let me go out anyway''

,,Nothing serious. Everything is fine'' I stroke her hair.
She realises I'm still holding her and her eyes widen. Suddenly her breath goes heavier and I look into her face. She got tomato red.
,,L-Let go'' she presses me away from her body.

Bellas pov

God I hate how my body reacts to him

God I hate how my body reacts to him. I hate it.
I glance up to him and see Lukes grinning.

He was so anxious just now how can he look so happy now? His grin Fades and he backs up to the door again.

"Where are you going?" He woke me up and leaves just like that?

"Carlos." A  really tall man steps into the room. He's not only tall but his body looks super muscular.
"He will stay in this room with you from now. I think there are people in hiding to get you. So don't argue with me and let him protect you."

,,WHAT? No! I can stay here alone. I'll protect myself if it's necessary''
I know it'll be awkward staying with a man in this room. And he's kinda scary...so I'd prefer to stay alone.

,,Don't make me laugh'' Luke shrugs ,,believe me when I say you can't protect yourself. Just think about Brandon.''

I tense back by this name. These are memories I never wanted to call back. I should change the subject.

"I don't like it but you won't change your mind. You're way too stubborn."