Chapter 14

Lukes pov

I can't believe how different Bella became

I can't believe how different Bella became. She looks completely different. Like a whole new person. Her glasses disappeared. She wore a top and a jeans. With long shiny hair and make up.

,,Hey Hey! Stop there!'' I shout to one of my guards and grab the tablett with food on it out of his hands.

,,I'll bring her the food.'' I need an excuse to see her. It's been almost two hours since I didn't see her.

When I opened the door to her room I almost let the food fall.
What is that?
The whole room was a mess. And Bella was standing there in the middle of the room, out of breath.

I place the tablett down and walk up to her. "What happened?"

She starts laughing. Like a villain in a movie.
"What happened you ask? I was working a normal shift when this lunatic came by and kidnapped me. Then locked me in a room without windows and expects me to just live with this. What the fuck is up with that?" She screamed the last part right in my face. I know that wasn't right of me. I know that's not how I win her heart. I just can't help myself. I don't want to lose her again. But the way she looks at me tells me that's already lost her. Though I still have a glimmer of hope in me.

,,Bella please...'' I try to reach her but she instantly steps back.
,,Don't touch me! Don't come near me!''

This gave me the rest.
I know she's not wrong about being like that but it still drives me insane and I ball my hands into fists.

,,Bella I can touch you whenever and wherever I want. I already said that you are MINE, didn't I ?!''
I walk towards her and grab her wrist. She looks me shocked into my face.

,,You'll stay in my room. I can't risk you destroying one more room''

I drag her with me to my room. We walk in and I look her in the eyes, for just a moment I saw something other than hate. Something like pity? Pity for what? For making me feel like shit?

I let go of her wrist and see that it's bruised. Oh no. I hurt her. I did that. I walk into the bathroom and get the first aid kit. I treat her arm and apologise like a thousand times. She doesn't say a word anymore. I need to treat her right. I need a plan to win her heart.

I look down again at her bruised wrist and close my eyes in disbelief.
I shouldn't be the one to hurt her.
I shouldn't.

I open my eyes again and see her lying down on my bed, still without saying anything.

I take off my suit jacket and just throw it on my desk.
I want to hold her.
But I don't want to scare her.

I lay down next to her but keep a little distance between us.
She lies with her back to me and I watch her back slowly going up and down with her breath.
Is she asleep? I hope she feels comfortable. I get closer to her and put my arms around her. Her body fits perfect against mine. She smells like flowers, I could lay like this forever.

*knock**knock*
"What is it?" I whisper as to not wake my angel.
"Sir, it's Michel. A problem occurred."

I sighed.
"I need to go now, but I will come back as fast as I can." I whisper in Bellas ear and kiss her head before getting out.

"What is it?" I ask Michel the moment I close the door behind me.
We start walking to my office while he answers.
"The Lady's parents are here. I don't know how they found out about her staying here but they said they need to talk to you immediately."

Her parents? Right, she said they would be worried sick. That's probably not the best conditions to introduce myself as their son-in-law.

First I locked my room with my keys and then I made my way downstairs.
When I reached the front door I immediately stopped like perplexed. I laugh.
Who would've known that these two are her parents.

,,Where's our daughter?!'' The woman asks, trying to hold her anger back.

,,How can you two walk this easily into the enemies house? You're really desperate to get killed?'' I chuckle.

,,Where. Is. Our. Daughter. I wont ask you again.''

"The killers for fun. You're saying you are Bellas parents?"

"Yes. She's our little girl and you will give her back to us. We won't ask how you know that we are killers but you better don't walk around talking about it."

I always had the feeling that something is wrong with those killers-for-fun. They got this name because they are literally walking around and killing because they think it's fun. They killed so many of my people that I won't give them a fast death.

"How can people like you have a daughter that's like Bella? Doesn't make sense to me."
I watched them tense after my words.

"She's adopted."

,,HA'' I clap amused with my hand on my leg. ,,You're kidding me''
I raise my head and look into their face again when dead serious faces are staring at me. ,,Oh, You're NOT kidding''
Slowly the puzzle peace's in my head began to come together. The girl that gave me her lolly when I was young. The girl being dragged into that car.

"You kidnapped her!"
They look at me completely shocked.

"No one would consider a homeless kid as kidnapped if one gives them a good life."

,,This can't be considered as a good life if you let her live in a deep lie! How can you be this ignorant!" I'm trying to keep my voice low but it's really hard.

"Didn't you do the same? Deceived our little girl." Till now it was only the mother talking but the father said that. Too calm for my liking.

"I would have told her eventuelly. She's safer with me. You should go.'' I say serious.

,,You know that we won't go without taking her with us.'' the mother said.

,,Why though? It's obvious that you only kidnapped her for your own use. To melt into the crowd with your ''normal'' family picture. Just to not be suspect in your job.''