𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟏

If there was one title Delphina would willingly go by for the rest of her life, it'd be 'Swordmistress'. She had earned the term two years ago, when she was fourteen after she had bested everyone in Uma's crew, including Harry, in sword fighting. No one had expected the oldest daughter of the prim and proper Tremaines to best a single crew member on the Lost Revenge, much less the entire crew.

Since then, her opponents had grown widely in variety. Members of Harry's sisters' crews had stormed their way onto the ship, demanding to see Delphina, confident they'd be the one to knock her off her pedestal. Patrons of Ursula's Fish & Chips, who had reputations for their lack of sobriety, spent weeks abstaining from alcohol just so they could go up against the infamous Delphina Tremaine, Swordmistress of the Lost Revenge.

She won every fight, emptying a pocket or two on the way. When her sister, Dizzy, and her younger cousin, Bella, got word of Delphina's title, they were ecstatic. Her other cousin, Anthony had mocked her relentlessly at first. 'Oh, yeah. A known thief, an all-around smartass in general, and now a sword-wielding pirate,' He'd nodded exaggeratedly. 'Your list of desirable traits just keeps getting longer, Dell. There'll be a mile of boys just desperate to get with you.' He'd earned a swift kick to the shin for that.

Delphina's grandmother was...less than pleased at the title. Lady Tremaine had spent years trying to mold Delphina into a newer, better(for lack of a better word)version of her mother, Drizella, but was met with more and more resistance each time. Now, instead of being known as the most desirable young woman on the Isle, Delphina was known as the best swashbuckling swordsman and one of Uma Hydravenellia's best friends. Needless to say, Delphina had received a fair amount of slaps and berating for her new title.

Did Delphina care? Of course not. She had status now. A reputation. She was part of a crew. People knew her. At the very least, they knew to avoid making her mad. Better yet, many of them feared her. When Uma had agreed to give her a job at Ursula's Fish & Chips when they were twelve, there was a firm agreement that Delphina wouldn't join Uma's crew. She had no desire to be a pirate and Uma had no desire at that moment to integrate and train a new crew member. But fate doesn't bend to anyone.

The seeds of their bond first began to sprout during work. In the first few months, they fell into a rhythm; communicating silently across the room, slipping each other tickets with the wrong order to get revenge on certain patrons, using vague hand motions and barely intelligible noises to communicate when they were too busy to form actual sentences. It truly befuddled Harry and Gil to no end.

After waitressing, Delphina began lingering around the Lost Revenge after her shifts. It had become a sort of safe space for her away from home, and Uma wasn't going to be the one to strip that of her. She knew what it felt like to be scared. Not to go home, but of the treatment you would receive there.

Delphina became a sort of enforcer. She made sure orders were carried out and rules were followed. It wasn't long before the crew silently agreed she had become the quartermaster of the Lost Revenge. If Uma wasn't the one barking orders, Delphina was in her place. No one questioned her.

Which was why, at the moment, no one dared to intervene in the bar brawl Delphina was currently in(and winning). Uma, Gil, and Harry all watched from the counter as Delphina held a patron twice her height and body mass in an unrelenting chokehold.

"Shouldn't we, like...stop her?" Gil asked, watching his sister shout at the patron. "He's turning really red." He observed.

Uma scoffed in amusement, watching her best friend tighten her grip on the patron's neck. "Red is fine. If he starts turning purple, Harry'll intervene. Just let her do what she needs to." Harry nodded in agreement, keeping his eyes on the brawl.