𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟒𝟕

NOTE: Hi. I know you all are very eager for this long overdue update, so I am going to make this quick. I made a statement about this on my TikTok, but I know I have the most reach here, so here's a condensed version of what I said:

I stand with Palestine. If you don't and you support a full-on genocide, fuck you. Do your research. Donate if you can. Use the TikTok filters. If you're American, call your reps. Boost any information you see. 

Now, without further ado, I offer two different apologies: one for how long this update took, and one for what I'm about to put you all through. I am so, very, incredibly sorry.

~~~

Delphina had always been a light sleeper. Where Anthony could sleep through three consecutive natural disasters, Delphina would wake up if someone breathed too heavily. It was an exceptionally irritating trait, considering how much she cherished her sleep.

She had hoped that after her body had been cleansed of dark magic, she would sleep at least a little deeper.

But Delphina never got what she hoped for.

She was wrapped in the plush, dark blue comforter of Ben's enormous bed, the prince in question resting behind her, keeping her back pressed into his chest with an arm draped around her torso. After the rager, Chad and Audrey had retreated to their dorms, preparing themselves for the activities of the rest of the week. Ben and Delphina had returned to Auradon Palace, talking the entire time. Neither of them had paused the conversation to consider what would happen if Delphina was found in Ben's room late at night. Delphina couldn't even remember what time they had fallen asleep. The last thing she remembered was briefly leaving to take off her makeup and change into the hoodie and sweatpants Ben had given her.

Now, here she was, in his bed and wishing she was still asleep. But the two people muttering at the foot of the bed made that feat impossible.

"I cannot believe this."

"Oh, come on, honey! It's cute!"

"Cute and completely unacceptable."

"What's the big deal?"

"Adam. Your son has a girl in his bed."

"They're just cuddling! It's perfectly innocent."

There was an unamused scoff.

"Please. There is nothing 'innocent' about the way he looks at her."

"I feel like you're blowing this a little bit out of proportion."

"And I feel like your son is about to send me to an early grave."

"Why is he only my son whenever you get mad at him? We made him together! Those are your genes too, woman."

Delphina fought to keep her laughter under control just as a tired voice sounded behind her.

"Mom? Dad?" Ben called out, voice muffled as his face was tucked into Delphina's neck. "I adore you guys, I really do, but for the love of God, stop talking."

A loud snort broke through and Delphina dissolved into laughter, pressing her face into the pillow. Ben let himself chuckle softly before groaning sleepily, unwinding himself from Delphina and sitting up in his bed.

"Benjamin–" Belle began firmly, but Ben only groaned again, throwing his head against the backboard of the bed while Delphina sat up next to him.

"Mom, please. It's too early for a lecture."

"Is it too early or are you just too hungover?"

Bed paused, thinking deeply for a moment and weighing his options.