𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟐𝟐

"I told you Ben would be an amazing waltz teacher!" Audrey exclaimed, leaning over to shove Delphina playfully. They were sitting on the sidelines of the tourney field on Monday with the rest of the cheer squad, stretching before practice as the tourney team was warming up on the field.

Delphina rolled her eyes at Audrey's teasing as she leaned over in her stretch. "Those words quite literally never left your mouth." She retorted, but Audrey just scoffed and waved a hand.

"It was implied."

Delphina snorted at Audrey as practice began. Audrey had put her in the position of flier which, according to Chad, was 'the only position she's tall enough for anyway'.

He'd learned how to dodge slaps very quickly after that.

Despite Delphina's hesitation to the sport, cheerleading wasn't as horrific as she thought it would be. The routines were easy to pick up and most of the girls weren't as cruel as she thought they would be.

At the moment, the squad was lounging around on a water break, aimlessly chatting amongst each other when one girl groaned softly. "Ugh, Tristan has no right being that attractive." She mumbled, eyes locked on the tourney field, where the boys were still practicing.

Delphina raised an amused eyebrow as Audrey just groaned in annoyance. "And thus begins the annual thirsting sessions..." She muttered and Delphina snorted, nearly choking on her water. Audrey only chuckled at her reaction and shrugged, moving to tighten her ponytail. "I'm serious! Look, Sarah already started on Tristan. Now, Lilah's gonna go for Herkie..."

Sure enough, from next to Sarah, Lilah sighed wistfully, watching the son of Hercules from afar. "OK, but look at Herkie. He is a literal god."

"Half-god." Kate corrected, holding up a finger. Delphina watched, highly amused at the girls and their lusting. "Plus, we all know Sam is the hottest."

As if they were all in sync, every other girl on the squad, including Delphina and Audrey, scrunched their noses in disgust, all of them making noises of disagreement.

"Oh, my god, what?"

"Please tell me that was satire."

"And you wonder why none of your relationships are healthy."

"OK, OK!" Kate held up her hands, silencing her teammates. "Yes, he is an asshole, but he is a hot asshole!"

The groans got louder as everyone shook their heads even more.

"No!"

"Why are you like this?"

"Kate, honey, are you sure you don't need a therapist?"

Kate mocked all of them childishly, waving them away. "Oh, yeah, I'm the one with bad taste, but Lana is the one that has a thing for the new guy!" She snapped, pointing at her teammate accusingly. Lana flushed deeply at the exposure and some girls groaned and other girls shrugged.

"I mean, he doesn't seem that bad." Sarah shrugged, watching Jay barrel across the field.

"No, he is." Delphina confirmed casually, watching the torney team and folding her arms across her chest. "He's arrogant and cocky and can't pull his head out of his ass for more than two minutes. He's not nearly as good of a thief as he thinks and Jesus Christ, for someone who gained an Isle reputation as a 'ladies man' you'd think he'd have better hygiene." She scoffed, eyes narrowing at the son of Jafar as he tossed the ball to Carlos.

To say she was bitter was an understatement. After Evie, Jay, and Carlos had turned into a trio of doormats when Mal branded her, Delphina's resentment for them had grown tenfold. The mere thought of them left such an acrid taste in her mouth that every word or thought about them was loaded with venom.