𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟐𝟏

Delphina never thought the day would come, but Auradon was beginning to feel slightly like the Isle. Not in the run-down, filthy, forgotten island of trash sense. But in the 'people parted like the Red Sea when she and her friends walked around' sense.

They had all powered through breakfast and ignored the stares, but it seemed like Delphina was the only one used to walking around with no one in her way.

"Did you two do something when we weren't looking?" Chad accused, glaring down at Delphina and Audrey. Both girls scoffed indignantly, folding their arms across their chest.

"Why would we have done something?" Audrey demanded as they made their way through the school courtyard. "You two are the resident jocks." She snarked, motioning between Ben and Chad as Delphina just laughed at all of them.

"We didn't necessarily do anything." Delphina interjected, brushing her hair out of her face. "They're just scared of us. Plus, my overnight shift in appearance isn't exactly subtle either." She explained, motioning to her outfit and new hair.

"I feel like as future king, my student body shouldn't be scared of me." Ben mumbled to himself, glancing around the courtyard. Delphina only shook her head casually and shrugged.

"Don't worry. You don't have a three-year-long reputation of premeditated thievery and fighting under your belt. You'll all be fine." She sighed. Ben, Audrey, and Chad all gave her matching concerned looks that Delphina elected to ignore as they sat down at one of the picnic tables in the courtyard.

"So if Auradon Square was yesterday," Delphina sighed. "What's today?" The question made Audrey shrug and think for a moment, pulling out her phone as she did.

"Well, Chad and I have some of our final fittings for out coronation outfits later today and–" Audrey gasped suddenly, a hand shooting out to grab Delphina's forearm. "You don't have a coronation outfit." She whispered in pure horror. Delphina's eyes widened as she saw the gears turning in Audrey's mind and she shook her head profusely.

"Audrey, no."

"Audrey, yes!"

Audrey began dialing a number at lightspeed, keeping the phone out of Delphina's reach.

"I am calling Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather and you can't stop me!" She snapped, leaping out of her seat and hustling away. Ben and Chad remained seated, laughing as Delphina stumbled away from the table, trying to chase down her friend.

"Audrey, give me the–"

"Hey, Chad! Heads up!"

Delphina couldn't think before Audrey's phone was soaring over her head and landing directly in Chad's hand. He gave Delphina a smug grin before bringing the phone up to his ear.

"Hey, guys! It's Chad. How are my favorite fairy godmothers?" He greeted cheerfully, trying not to laugh at the way Delphina barreled toward him and tried to snatch the phone from his hand. "No, yeah, I'm fine, Audrey's fine, Ben's fine...we're all good. We just need a little favor." He sighed, keeping Delphina at arm's distance as she continued to fight for the phone.

Glowering at him, Delphina readied herself to stomp on his foot when a pair of arms circled themselves around her waist, easily lifting her off the ground and pulling her away from Chad. Delphina turned wildly in the hold before managing to get a glimpse of Ben laughing into her hair.

"Ben, I swear to God..."

"It's for the best, Fina."

"No, it's not!"

Ben only continued laughing, his hold on her unwavering as she pushed at his arms and Chad continued the conversation.

"Yeah, y'know, we just realized that my little ankle-biter of a baby cousin–"