Four

Nathaniel reclined back into the bed, hands behind his head. He watched as Kate's bare back faced him.

"Why don't you just lay back and relax a little?" He smirked. She looked back him with a hidden smile.

"I'm hungry." He grinned.

"So am I." He reached forward pulling her swiftly back so he hovered over her. She smirked up at him before he let out a yelp.  A quick flash and zap that Nathaniel sat up. "Fine , fine." He held his hands up in surrender. He got off the bed and started getting dressed when his phone started buzzing. Kate reached over looking at the caller ID.

"It's your brother." She held it out for him to take. He took the phone flipping it open to press the little red buttons declining the call before tossing it on the bed.

-

The day was finally over, Bella thought as she trudged to her room. Closing the door behind her she quickly changed into her pajamas before climbing into bed having done her homework downstairs. Staring up at her ceiling she replayed the events of her first day. The events of lunch came to mind when Angela and Lauren spoke about the Cullens, especially the one that was apparently missing from the group.

'He's dreamy.' Lauren swooned as she spoke about him.

She shared first period with him, but she never saw him. But it was strange, he was called to come to the office and never came back to class, apparently his car was left at the school. She remembered seeing the other one Edward, he came to class to get Nathaniel, she didn't realize he was in her row until he walked by her. She never saw his face only his stiff posture as he left.

-

Nathaniel and Kate ran back to the house where the others were gathered. Carmen and Elezar's backs were to them when they entered. Tanya looked up with her striking copper eyes.

"Nathaniel." Her voice hard. "Your brothers here to see you." Carmen and Eleazar moved revealing Edward with a stony expression.

"We need to talk." Nathaniel rolled his eyes.

"A phone call would suffice."

"If you picked up your phone I wouldn't be here." They stood silently glaring at each other before Nathaniel broke out with a sardonic smile,gesturing behind him.

"We can talk outside." He stated before turning his back around and walking out the door. A part of him didn't want to speak with his brother but he wasn't going to disrespect the Denali Coven during his time here. They've been nice enough to give him a place to stay and hunt on their lands he wasn't about to disrespect them by starting with his brother.

After making enough distance from the house so they won't be heard Edward spoke up.

"Come home."

"No."

"We're all worried about you Nathaniel." Nathaniel looked at him in disbelief. Rosalie and him never got along so therefore things were always tense with Emmett even if they remained civil. Alice's presence annoyed him, but Jasper helped there leading to an unlikely/likely friendship between the two. Carlisle and Esme were just too nice sometimes.

"That's a lie. I'd say it would be a relief unless Tanya called to get me out of here." He felt the truth of his statement resonate off Edward. He forcibly sighed. "Is it because Kate and I started sleeping together again?" Edward glared at his brother.

"The two of you together never ends well. Haven't you learned that already? She almost lost control of herself-"

"More like embracing herself." He muttered starting to get frustrated.

"It's not right-" Nathaniel growled running to stop directly in front of his brother.

"You have no say after the damage you've caused yourself. Whether or not they were monsters themselves you still took lives." He seethed. "I've been clean for awhile now Edward, I know the mistakes I've made, but I didn't come here to ruin everything like you'd expect, I came here so I wouldn't kill that girl who more than anything I would much rather suck dry then be in her presence! And who I decide to fuck is no concern of Tanya's or anyone else's but you know I think she's just still petty over the fact that you rejected her and her sister gets your brother."

"That's enough Nathaniel." Edward shoved his brother back who in turn returned the favor until they were throwing punches, rolling around on the ground. Nathaniel gripped his brothers throat twisting his hand back when he started convulsing. He fell to his side still twitching. Edward made a move to go for Nathaniel but wounded up in the same state, groaning in pain. Nathaniel and Edward glared at each other as they recover from the literal shock.

"Are you boys done?" Kate asked with Tanya, Carmen and Eleazar behind her.

"Yes." The boys say in unison causing them to glare at the other again. Kate made a tight lipped smile.

"Good."

~
Unedited

Vote/Comment

robbstark_