Twelve

I definitely plan on editing these chapters at some point in the future. I'm sorry for lack of updates my mental and overall health as not been up to standards lately and I've been doing my best to stay afloat with work and everything, so bare with me. I wanna say I could finish this story by summer but that can always change but it's what I'm hoping so I can focus more on my other stories. It doesn't help that I have more stories in my drafts I want to publish but know I don't have the time to post but the urge to post all of them is so real! Honestly after I finish either this or my EL sequel I might post another story idk idk.

_______________________

Bella went to school the next day hoping to find Nathaniel in his usual parking spot but it was left vacant that day. The Cullen's were gathered together as usual their eyes never seem to leave her, leaving her to feel a certain kind of eeriness.

The Cullen's were vampires and the thought alone should bring her to her knees but it didn't, she stared right back at them.

Bella Swan was never a normal girl, always feeling like an outcast her whole life. She knew she shouldn't want to talk to him but once again there was this pull like no other that she couldn't shake.

Her day went on as normal, her mind up in the clouds, clouded by the thought of the wolf in sheep's clothing, or in this case a vampire disguised as a high school student. It was beyond her wildest dreams that this was her reality, but it was. And the nagging feeling that their was a missing piece inside her was unmistakable.

She needed to speak with him again but he never showed up that day.

She laid in bed wide awake that night, her mind swirling with thoughts of Nathaniel to the point where she felt like she hit rock bottom. She sounded desperate, she felt desperate as the constant thought of him swirled around in her mind. She knew it was wrong, a part of her felt it, but no matter how hard she pushed, those thoughts and feelings pushed right back. He was a monster and she witnessed it herself. But even in that fear when he had her against that tree threatening to take a bite out of her she never felt more alive. Now that could be the adrenaline running through her veins but it was exhilarating.

Maybe she was a monster too for feeling that way. She wasn't sure what to feel anymore about anything. Ever since yesterday or even when she first locked eyes with his, she questioned existence itself. Every animal attack in the news made her question whether or not it was really an animal or him and his family. There were so many possibilities and she wanted to get to the bottom of it. She wanted to know more, learn more. She wanted to be them. She envied their beauty and power. She was always weak but she wanted to be strong. Nathaniel can make her strong.

-

Nathaniel had just arrived back to the Denali territory where he was greeted by Kate who was expecting him. Edward made the call and spoke with Kate for a good 30 minutes before he showed up.

"Come." She held her hand out to him which he gratefully took. They took off into the mountain region away from the Denali house. The cold harsh winds made no difference to them when Nathaniel pinned Kate to a tree and started attacking her neck with kisses.

Normally Kate was welcoming to the sensual touches but not this time. She pushed him back but kept him close enough that their faces were inches from each other.

"What's the matter?" He asked huskily, eyes dark with lust and hunger. Kate's eyes matched his in hunger.

"You have a mate?" The question was more of a statement but she was trying to gauge his reaction. Out of every male vampire Kate has ever come across she never related more to anyone but Nathaniel, his free nature both inside and outside the bedroom had it's perks so to hear he had a mate, made her jealous but irritated at the same time.

'Edward the cock block strikes again.' Nathaniel's mind went straight to his brother. Anger flashed across his face. Why did his brother always have to mettle?

"I don't- ouch!" He pulled away from Kate after he felt the jolt of electricity coarse through him that made him nearly quiver.

"After everything we've been through together I would've expected honesty from you Nate."

"Are you really jealous right now? I didn't come all this way-" He tried his best deflecting her but it was useless. Normally he would use his gift in his favor in this moment but he had too much respect for Kate to do that to her. She was the only one he felt he could be completely open and honest with. It was a surprise they weren't mates. Maybe they would have if it wasn't for their free natures and the existing blood-singer in Washington.

"Why did you come Nathaniel? And don't say it was to hook up with me because we all know it's more than that. You're running." Nathaniel scoffed at the accusation. He did not like being accused of things even if he was guilty of the deed.

"What am I running from exactly?"

"You're mate. That human girl, the blood singer." He shook his head in disbelief.

'Not again.' He thought. "She's nothing to me." He stated through gritted teeth.

"Then why run? You can lie to your family all you want but you can't lie to me or your brother." She added Edward the last second because Nathaniel knew it was true and she knew it too.

"I'm not running." He balled his fists before releasing the tension. His emotions were bubbling up inside his chest ready to implode or explode.

"You're frustrated because you can't touch her without feeling like you'll hurt her." Nathaniel grabbed Kate by the throat pinning her against the mountain side his face scrunched up in a snarl.

"Does that make you feel better? Resorting to violence?" Kate spat, eyes wide.

"I don't know Kate, you use to love this side of me." His voice came out in a seductive whisper but there was an edge to it. Kate brought her knee up before shoving him a couple yards away. Nathaniel's back hit the ground as he slid across the snow. He quickly stood up readying himself in a defensive position, but made no motion to move. He wasn't going to fight her.

"I did but things are different now. I won't go down that path again, not with you. You've come so far Nate and you don't even see it. This girl as human as she may be might just be the thing to bring you happiness. And I'm not talking lust or even passion but pure requited love for each other. This could be your only chance for a real redemption. That girl can be the one to save you from yourself."

"Or she'll be the one who undoes it all."

"I'm sure Alice will see it happen before it comes to that. This is your chance Nathaniel, I envy you for that. Don't fuck it up." She cracked a smile at him causing him to force a sigh in defeat. He brushed the snow off himself as Kate approached him.

"And one more thing." She says as she punches him in the gut fully charged. Nathaniel flew back again convulsing. "Touch me like that again and I won't be as easy on you."

"N-noted." He wheezed.

~

Vote/Comment

robbstark_