Thirteen

Even though this is a Bella Swan ff I ship Nathaniel and Kate together so much! Maybe I'll do a prequel or side chapters of their time together before the twilight timeline.

Side note, I'm on a role today, third chapter today! (Posted a chapter on my Thomas Shelby fic if anyone wants to check it out, he's my husband!)

_______________

Nathaniel sat alone on cliffside of the snowy mountain his legs hanging off the edge. He had a lot to think about. He always thought he had control, even when he had none. What happened with Bella was out of hand, he regrets revealing himself even if she was partially to blame. What was so special about her that he couldn't use his gift on her? Life would've been easier if he had his way but that was life wasn't it? It wasn't fair and things will never always go the way you want it to. So what do you do? You either run from it or ride with it.

If he was going to run there was no turning back to Forks while Bella was there. If he returned he knew he'd have to face her or maybe not. Maybe he scared her off back to Phoenix Arizona, but doubted it when she so stubbornly continued to try and say she wasn't afraid of him.

This wasn't The Vampire Diaries. If she were to be involved in his life she'd have to know everything. Not only would it put him at risk but his entire family. Did he really want to include this girl in this life knowing the consequences of it? If he told her everything would she run? The only way to know that is by seeing her.

Deep inside he burned for her, underneath all the rage, hunger, lust and depression he wanted to be touched by the fire she lights up inside him, to feel that lightness, being guilt free of just being. Is it possible? Is she possible? The thoughts kept raging in his mind. He never felt happiness unless he was feeding or in another woman's bed, but was that happiness? What is happiness?

He wanted to find out even though the doubts were still prevalent in his mind.

So the predator fell for the prey.

-

Nathaniel didn't know what to do and wandered how weird it'd be showing up at her house in the middle of the night, but then there he was. Picking up a few stones he lightly threw them at her window. He checked prior to throwing the stones to make sure he wasn't throwing them at the Chief's window.

After a few minutes of throwing stones the light came on in her room. If Nathaniel had a heart it might've been hammering in his chest by now at the sight of Bella's bed head and loose fitting grey tank top.

She was a simple beauty.

He shouldn't compare her to Kate because Kate was Kate. The attraction to her was more prominent than the lust he felt for Kate. He realized that once he allowed himself to really feel the emotions he was feeling.

Bella was surprised and Nathaniel could tell. Opening up her window Bella stuck her head out looking down at him like he was crazy.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him.

"Can we talk?"

"Now?" He nodded.

"I can't sneak out." She stated, trying to be quiet as to not wake Charlie.

"I can come up?" He offered. She hesitated before nodding. "Back up." In one swift leap he clung to the window frame, letting himself in.

Bella suddenly felt very self-conscious of herself, her mind was still groggy from previously being asleep. Now awake she felt like she should brush her hair or put on deodorant, all the while Nathaniel started to admire her natural beauty.

"Why are you here?" Bella was nervous to say the least. She stood there with her arms folded across her chest to hide her braless self.

"I'm sorry for showing up so late I just got back."