- doctor -

~ 3 ~

~ 3 ~

"There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

.

.

.

Uncomfortable. That's how the brown haired man, that was currently walking through the paths of the Underground, felt.

He felt like he was being watched. He held some kind of suitcase in his right hand, looking around nervously through his round glasses.

He looked suspicious, like he didn't belong there.

All of a sudden, he was pushed over from behind harshly, making him fall to the ground. His glasses fell off his nose in the process.

When he really registered what was going on, he pushed himself off the ground. Sitting on his knees know, he looked around to find his glasses.

"Ah! I'm really sorry, Sir. I was just in a hurry." He heard a voice say.

Turning to the side, he came face to face with a brown haired girl that was holding out his glasses for him to take. He put them on again, just now fully registering the girl.

She had a few scratches on her face and neck. Then there were also her hands that were full of them. But one bigger cut on her arm got the man's attention.

She must've hurt herself when she knocked him and herself over.

The man went to say something, but the girl already turned around again, ready to leave.

"Well, gotta go!" Charlotte called out, walking away quickly.

The man pulled himself together quickly, grabbing his bag and standing up from the ground hastily.

"W-Wait! You look hurt, I could help you!" He called after her. Charlotte halted at that, an eyebrow raised.

She turned around, her two colored eyes looking at the man suspiciously. "...Heh? I tell you this now and for once, I will not hesitate to stab you if you follow me, old man!" She threatened, pointing a finger at him while shouting.

It was only meant to be a nice gesture of the strange man, but how would she know? The men under here didn't just make nice gestures.

So this has to be a trick.

The man seemed a little baffled. "What? Why? I'm a doctor, I can help with your scratches and cuts." He hesitantly spoke, making the girl look at him even more suspicious.

"...A doctor huh....I see." Charlotte spoke, looking him up and down, seeing his clean clothes and new looking suitcase.

She stared him down. "Are you from above?"