- first day -

~ 16 ~

~ 16 ~

"Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind."
~ Marcel Proust

.

.

.

.

.

"We now begin the enlistment ceremony for the 104th Trainee Corps!" Shadis shouted to all the new trainees.

Charlie stood directly next to him, a bored expression on her face as she scanned her eyes trough the various faces.

My lord, so many morons...

"I am instructor Keith Shadis, and I had the misfortune to be assigned to train you bastards!" He shouted.

Misfortune indeed.

"This is instructor Charlie Ackerman! She might look quite okay, but I assure you she is not!" Shadis yelled, gesturing to Charlie.

Charlie's arms were crossed as an offended look spread across her face.

You're not so great yourself, thank you.

"...And I'm not here to welcome you all! Right now, you're mere cattle, fit for nothing but Titan food! No less then cattle!"

Harsh...but true.

"In three years, we'll take you worthless pieces of crap and train you! Give you the means to fight the Titans! In three years...when you stand before a Titan, will you still be food?!"

Most likely yeah.

"...Or will you be a noble wall, shielding the King?! Or perhaps, one of humanity's glorious soldiers that slay Titans?! You will decide!"

Charlie perked up in interest as she thought that his speech came to an end. Now is the part were she's allowed to intimidate and insult random people just for the hell of it, she didn't want to miss that opportunity.

Wait, isn't that the Blondie from Yeager's son? She thought, seeing a blond small boy standing in the third row.

Charlie stepped forward, locking eyes with the blonde boy. "Hey, you!"

"Yes ma'am!" He saluted.

Pffft ma'am.

"Who in the hell are you!?" Charlie shouted, easily towering over him while scaring the poor boy with her creepy eyes.

Charlie wasn't always the tallest kid but over the last years she grew taller. She was a little taller than Levi by now.

Armin answered instantly. "Armin Arlert, from Shiganshina!"