- training begins -

~ 17 ~

~ 17 ~

"Anything you lose comes round in another form."
~ Rumi

.

.

.

.

.

"First, we'll evaluate what we have! Anyone who is unable to do this can't even serve as a decoy! You'll be canon fodder before you can even blink! Get it together or you'll be sent to the frontier!" Charlie yelled at the trainees that were gathered on the field.

She watched as the first one's tried ODM Gear. Charlie remembered the first time she tried it. She was horrible, the stolen gear was too big for her kid body and she didn't have those helpful machines.

Haa old days...

Charlie's blue and brown eyes caught something very disturbing to her right. Yeager.

She walked over to his hanging body, an irritated look on his face.

Right in front of him, she squatted down. "What the hell are you doing, Yeager? You just have to balance yourself, it's not that hard!" She spoke to him, catching his desperate eyes.

"I know I...I don't know why it's so hard..." He mumbled, looking into her serious eyes, practically calling out for her to help him.

Now Shadis also came to Eren. "What are you doing, Eren Yeager?! Pick yourself up right now!" He yelled, in a much harsher tone than Charlie did.

The girl stood up, examining Eren's posture and gear. Her eyes squinted.

She stepped over to the rails, letting Eren down rather harshly, making him land on the ground with a thud.

"Try again next time. Now, the next one!" Charlie shouted out while Eren picked himself up from the ground.

Probably better if he fails, ads a few years to his lifespan that's for sure...

After everyone was done, it was already afternoon, and Charlie was standing at the open field, putting away all the supplies and devices they used.

"Hey! Hey Miss Charlie!" She heard a kind of high pitched voice shout out.

"Hm?" She turned around, seeing Armin, Mikasa and Eren walk towards her.

The stopped in front of her. "Please, let Eren try again." Mikasa looked at Charlie.

"Can you help me please?! I know I'm gonna make it with your advice." Eren pleaded.

"We'll clean everything up afterwards." Armin said.