- new commander -

~ 14 ~

~ 14 ~

"To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often."
~ Winston Churchill

.

.

.

.

.

A few weeks after the titans broke through wall Maria and infiltrated Shiganshina, the commander of the survey corps officially retired from his position.

He was the first commander ever to retire and not just die.

And who did former commander Keith Shadis hand his title to? Of course, Erwin Smith.

But before he did that, he insisted that Erwin included Charlie in the creation of a new formation.

His response: "It would be foolish not to."

Till this day Shadis didn't understand what Erwin saw in the girl. He didn't seem to trust her one bit, but at the same time he seemed overly confident in her.

Either way, Charlie and Erwin spent many days and nights to create the perfect formation.

It wasn't perfect, and Charlie had a lot of trouble accepting the fact that Erwin had the last word.

"I don't think the supply wagon should be placed here. This would be a much better position." She argued, visualising her thoughts on the board on the wall.

"No. We went over this. From my experience it's better this way." Erwin retorted.

"But it doesn't make sense—"

"That is my last word."

Even though they agreed on many things, they equally as much disagreed on things.

But even so, Erwin had to admit that her ideas were indeed brilliant. She talked about things he never even thought of before, and she already put them in consideration.

Her exceptionally good memory was also brilliant to Erwin but that wasn't a surprise.

The next expedition they went on was outstanding. Almost no casualties, and a long time outside.

It could've been luck but Erwin wanted to believe it was because of this new created formation.

Now Erwin sat in his office, waiting for some specific person to arrive. He held a letter in his hand, still reading over it multiple times.

A knock was heard on his door, and Charlie entered his office.

Erwin opened his mouth to speak, but Charlie beat him to it. "Okay, I know I shouldn't have kicked Paul in the crotch, but if you were there, you would know that he was clearly asking for it." Charlie spoke quickly, sitting opposite of Erwin at his desk.

•̲E̲̲y̲̲e̲̲s̲ ̲o̲̲f̲ a̲ ̲k̲̲i̲̲l̲̲l̲̲e̲̲r̲ • •̲J̲̲e̲a̲̲n̲ K̲.•On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara