52. Large Groups of Men

Clementine looked at Matt, sobbing to himself in the chair across from her and Sarah. He'd been crying ever since Byron brought them all to the reception area in Bill's office. Clementine wasn't sure where Adam was. The last she saw of him, Tom was tying his hands behind his back with a twist tie. The three of them were alone now, waiting for Byron to finish explaining what happened to Bill.

"I'm sorry Matt," spoke a tearful Sarah, on the verge of crying herself. "I'm so—"

"Fuck you slut!" snarled a hysterical Matt. "You fucking cock tease! This is your fault!"

"I... I'm..."

"She didn't do anything wrong," dictated an angry Clem.

"If you had just kissed Mick like he wanted, none of this would have happened!"

"I know, I'm—"

"It wouldn't have happened if Mick left her alone like she wanted," retorted Clem.

"You should have been grateful that there was someone who'd actually want to touch a butt ugly whore like you!"

"Your brother should have been grateful that Sarah would actually kiss someone like him."

"Clementine!" exclaimed a surprised Sarah. "Don't—"

"Fuck you, you little bitch!" barked Matt. "This is your fault too! If you had just stayed out of this!"

Clem glared at Matt. "Fuck you too!"

"Clem!"

"Eat me you stuck-up bitch! You think you're hot shit because you swear and you can shoot a gun? You're a stupid useless kid!"

"So are you!"

"I could kick your sorry little ass! Anyone could! You see any other kids your age? They all died because they're weak and stupid. Just like you!"

"Shut up!"

"And you'll die too." A wicked smile crept across Matt's face. "You and your ugly friend both."

"Shut the fuck up!"

"It's true. You two are only alive because your parents are dragging you along."

"You don't know anything about my parents," growled Clem.

"I know you'll die as soon as your mom is gone," retorted Matt, a sadistic glee in his voice. "Because a stupid little kid like you could never survive on her own." Clem found herself fuming, wanting to scream in Matt's face about how her parents were already dead. But then, she thought of something better.

"Adam's only a year older than me," reminded Clementine in a smug tone.

"Don't you ever say that freak's name again!" snarled Matt.

"He kicked your ass."

"Clementine!" exclaimed a surprised Sarah.

"You shut your fucking mouth!" demanded a boiling Matt as he leapt out his chair.

"He kicked your brother's ass too!" Matt dove for Clementine, knocking her to the ground and grabbing her throat with both hands.

"I'll choke the life out of you, you fucking bitch!" Clem struggled in vain to pry Matt's hands off her throat. She gasped for air, desperately flailing about in an attempt to free herself.

"Get off of her!" Sarah grabbed Matt's arms and pulled him off. As Clem gasped for air, Matt jerked about in an attempt to free himself from Sarah's grip.

"Let go of me you fugly skank!" Matt pulled his arm free and punched Sarah in the face, knocking her to the floor.

"Hey!" Byron grabbed Matt by the collar and tossed him in a chair. "Sit down!"