16- You a Giants fan?

Stella's P.O.V.

"Here Mommy, I colored this for Cole too."

My heart melted as I looked down at the paper teary eyed. It was a picture of her and Cole in their hospital beds with hearts around them and at the top of the picture she spelled out, 'Hocpidl'.

"Ohhh, princess. This is really good. He's going to love this."

Cole got discharged on Wednesday but stayed with Claire and I most of that day until I figured my family would start showing up. We have been texting back and forth every day since.

The rest of the week at the hospital was long, Claire was finally able to come home on Saturday like Doctor Ren had told us because she was continuing to do good.

Today was now Tuesday and when I texted Cole earlier, he told me he was at work. Why? I didn't know because he was supposed to be resting for another few weeks. So I offered to bring him lunch and a few things that Claire had made for him on his lunch break and he asked me to eat lunch with him.

I started putting everything in my purse.

"So you're going to see Cole?" Mom questioned.

"Yes."

"You like him, don't you?"

I started smiling. "I think so." I sighed. "Yes, I do." It was still hard to admit outloud to someone. I've been so guarded that this was weird for me. "He's so great."

"I know that he is but... I worry you might like him for the wrong reasons."

"What do you mean, because he's Claire's donor?"

"Yes."

"I get that. Ummm so there's a little bit more to the story then what I told everybody. I actually met Cole a few weeks before Claire's surgery. I met him the night the girls took me to Club 21 and then he's the man that came to sit with me after I told Roman to leave at the restaurant. That night I actually started feeling something for him and then we continued to talk back and forth a lot. He's different and he makes me feel things I didn't think I'd ever feel again after Roman. That's actually why Cole wanted to stay anonymous and not tell me, he wanted me to like him for him before I found out he's the one that helped Claire."

"Well this is huge." Mom said, making me laugh.

"That's what the girls keep saying too. It's not that big of a deal. Obviously Cole will always be a big part of our lives now but him and I, that's all new and I still just want to take it slow and see what happens before I introduce you guys to him."

"I understand. I'm very happy that you found someone you think is special enough to try again. I know I haven't even met the guy yet but I already like him."

I started laughing. "Don't tell the boys yet."

"Honey, they already know you like someone."

"What?"

"You've been different lately with a certain spark in your eye. I like it. Tell Cole I said hi."

I smiled at her, "I will." I went over on the couch and leaned down and kissed Claire's cheek. "Be good for Grandma, I'll be back in a few hours. I love you princess."

"I love you too, Mommy. Tell Cole I said hi too."

"I will." I turned towards Mom and kissed her cheek. "Love you."

"Love you too. Drive safe."

I walked out the door, locking it behind me and walked down the stairs to my car. I got in and headed to the best subway restaurant in New York City; 'Giants Subs'. After I picked up our subs I got back into my car and headed for the repair shop.