21- You're a New York Giant?

Stella's P.O.V.

The whole way to the repair shop I went over what his reasons could be for not telling me who he really was in my head.

I still didn't get it.

By the time I got to the repair shop, I was much more calm and ready to have a rational conversation with this man.

I parked, got out of my car and walked up to the door.

The bell above the door chimed as I went in, moments later, Cole walked out and a big smile appeared on his face.

"Hey you."

And then I got mad again.

"You're a New York Giant?" I said a little more angry than I was meaning to.

His smile faded as he stared back at me. Why would he lie to me about this?

"Stella, let me explain."

"I'm sitting here watching the Mets game with my family and ESPN starts flashing your picture in my face. Then my brothers and Dad start talking about the games, how excited they are for this season, how great Cole Owens is and your stats as a Raider. How do you think I felt, staring at that picture in front of me as they talked, knowing I kissed this guy, what... thirty-six hours prior to that?"

"I-"

I cut him off again, poking his chest with my finger. "I felt something for you... that wasn't easy for me to let you in. You know this and yet you still chose to lie to me?"

"I never lied, Stella."

"You kept it from me. Same thing. Why would you want to keep that from me? I don't understand."

I gasped, my eyes widened and I'm sure my mouth hit the floor as I looked beyond Cole, seeing three guys walking out cautiously from the back, landing on one guy in particular.

"Holy smokes! Your.... Your Nic Carter?"

"Hey, it's nice to meet you, Stella. I've heard a lot about you from this guy over here." He nodded towards Cole and reached out, shaking my hand as I continued blankly staring at him.

I looked between Cole and Nic, still in complete shock. Why, though? Cole played football for the Giants and Cole told me before he played with Nic in college, so it made sense. I blinked a few times. Thinking Nic would disappear, but he didn't.

"Nic Carter is seriously standing in front of me right now." I whispered.

Nic chuckled and nodded his head. "I guess I am."

I giggled like a schoolgirl as I looked over at Cole. "Nic Carter is shaking my hand? My brothers and all of their friends are all going to freak out when I tell them this. This can't even be possible."

I was still shaking Nic's hand. Now fully aware at how dumb I probably looked as I cleared my throat. I let go of Nic's hand as I continued looking at him then my eyes drifted to the other two.

I pointed at the one guy. "You! You're the guy I ran into at the hospital. You're Jordan Long, I knew I recognized you."

Then I pointed at the other guy who had a smirk on his face as he looked at me, "and Jamie Web."

I looked back at Cole and smacked his arm lightly. "I am so mad at you right now."

I turned and walked away. I was upset and wanted to yell at Cole some more but not in front of everyone, especially Nic freakin' Carter.

"Stella, wait." Cole pleaded as he stepped in front of the door so I couldn't leave. "Can I talk to you privately, please?"

I turned and headed into the office. He followed, shutting the door behind him. I was looking out the large window at Nic and the other guys as they leaned up against a truck.