35- Game day

Stella's P.O.V.

The summer was flying by, it was the middle of August and tomorrow was the Giants first preseason game.

Needless to say, I was getting excited for this season.

Cole and I still haven't found any houses that we liked yet so instead of paying rent I packed up everything we were keeping and put it in a storage unit until we moved.

We also had a thrift sale and sold everything we weren't keeping and the things Cole wanted to get rid of that we wouldn't be taking to our new house.

Cole really wanted to get moved before he started football but it wasn't looking like a possibility just yet.

A few weeks ago as I was leaving work a man stopped me outside and served me papers from Roman. I called and talked with Andrew, he told me what to expect in the next few weeks. Andrew turned around and filed his own papers; Roman was to have no contact with Me, Claire, Cole or my family during all of this.

I was trying to stay positive. I knew Roman had no actual case but I didn't know how far Roman was going to go to win or again why he was doing this to me.

Today Cole brought Claire and I to the stadium where the Giants were hosting a family event to kick off the start of the season. Players were meeting with fans, signing some merchandise and throwing around a football with players. After that was a lunch cookout and prizes. All money raised today was going to underprivileged families in our area.

Claire and I were currently helping Ally and Sadie set up the prizes as Cole did his thing out on the field with his team.

"Can I get a picture of you beautiful ladies?" A reporter asked.

We all agreed. I picked up Claire and got close with Sadie, Ally and Skye; smiling for the picture.

"Thank you." The reporter said, before walking away.

A little while later Cole, Claire and I were posing for some pictures and then some of just Cole and I when Claire ran over to Ms. Sue, who was helping me out with Claire today.

"Beautiful couple. Can I ask you a few questions?"

"Of course." Cole smiled, keeping a gentle grip on my side.

"There's talk that you had surgery a few months back, are you ready for this coming season?"

I noticed Cole tensed up for a moment but covered nicely. "I'm not sure where that information came from but I can assure you I'm one hundred percent ready to play."

"So you didn't have a life altering surgery?"

Cole started laughing. "I did have a surgery but like I said I'm one hundred percent. Next question."

"What are you most excited about this upcoming season?"

Claire came running up to us again, Cole picked her up and put her on the other side of him while still holding me close before continuing. "Being back in my hometown and playing with Nic again. I've become really close with the other guys on the team too so I think it's going to be a lot of fun. We've been working and training really hard, hoping for a good year. Plus I have these beautiful ladies who are the loves of my life cheering me on and my parents are able to come to more of my games too. I don't think it can get much better than that."

The reporter smiled when Cole gave Claire and I both a quick kiss.

"Stella, I saw you moved completely out of your Manhattan apartment last week and you're donating the money you made selling your things?"