\\ Chapter 16 \\

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

5 months later

Months have passed since I kicked Carlisle out of Volterra. He had sent letter after that constantly trying to get me to help them.

I talked to my father about what to do. I wanted to to help them sometimes, the memories we had still remained engraved in my head.

The memories of when we acted as family. Family. Carlisle still referred to Jasper and I part of their family. I didn't want to be apart of their family anymore.

They never took the time to make us feel welcomed. And now that they need something, they want to act as if we are family.

Neither Rosalie or Alice has tried to get into contact with me since we left. In the beginning it made me really sad. But now all I feel is betrayal, I thought they really cared about us but I guess none of them did.

~~~

"Fraser, is that you?" The fimiliar female voice asked.

"King Fraser." I corrected. "Who is this?"

"It's Rosalie,Fraser. Edwards coming to Volterra." She sounded panicked.

"Why?"

"He wants to die."

Why in the world would he want to die? Why would he come here for that anyways?

"Why would he want to die?" I sounded more sarcastic than sympathetic.

"Bella is dead and now he wants to die too."

"Of course he does." I rolled my eyes. "Why is he coming here?"

"He wants to provoke you and get to you to kill him for breaking the laws."

"No."

"You won't kill him." She said, sounding happy and relieved.

I let out a laugh. "Don't think I'm going this for you or any of you. He will suffer with the fact that caused her death."

"What happened to Fraser?"

"Life, Rosalie, life." I said. "Now, if we could end this. I've got business to attend to."

"Like what?" She sounded annoyed.

"Ruling the vampire world. Bye."

I put the phone down before she could answer. I leaned back my chair, hands cover my eyes. "Mo chridhe."

He took his hands off my eyes. "What does that mean?"

I smiled at him, pulling him onto my lap. "It mean 'my heart'." I kissed his nose before rubbing my nose against his.

I've never felt so at peace before. With the love of my life in my arms. The next step would be to go back to Scotland but with us ruling, we'd never be able to go back permanently.

" So why did Rosalie call?" He asked.

"Edwards coming to Volterra."

"Why?"

"Apparently, he wants to die." Jasper looked shocked but also confused. "Long story short, Bella died and he wants to be with in the after life."

"Aww, how cute." He replied sarcastically.