\\ chapter 17 \\

"Beg me for it, Edward

"Beg me for it, Edward." I told him as he kneeled in front of my throne. "You think after all you've done I'm going to give you peace that easily."

I laughed at his sadness. He looked like a mess, his hair looked matted and his shirt was full of holes. The usual dark circles under his eyes looked darker.

"Please, Fraser." He kept his head down.

"No." I said simply. "No, you can live with this guilt."

"You're really a monster, Fraser." He finally looked up at me. "Look at you, sat on that throne. Have you forgotten that we used to be family."

I laughed at him, a dead look took over my face. "You know, you and Carlisle have a lot in common. You both want to claim that we're family but when I needed you... when Jasper needed you, we weren't family."

He didn't say anything. I don't know if it was shame or guilt but which ever one it was, I hoped it would make him suffer.

" Now, get out. " I told him, before standing up from my throne.

In seconds all I felt was Edwards hand grab my shoulder. I turned quickly grabbing his throat.

"You've forgotten that I've started drinking human blood, haven't you?" I stared into his eyes. "A month ago I noticed something."

His eyes began to dilate. "I had an extra part to my gift that had disappeared because of the lack of human blood." His body went limp.

"Leave, Edward."

I dropped his throat and left the room, leaving the guards to deal with him.

~~~~

Jasper and I had been wondering in the gardens of the castle when Dimitri appeared. He sighed looking at me. "My lord, Edward has caused a problem."

"What has he done?" I looked at Jasper, who also just sighed.

"My lord, he brought the human with him." He continued. "And the seer is with them."

I started off towards the throne room, with Jasper behind me. I wondered what Alice would think of the two of us now. She and Rosalie had not called me since we left.

I'd always thought we were close but now I think I've seen their true selves.

~~~~

In throne room with the Cullen's.

"Edward." Alice whispered.

Edward looked at her, his arm wrapped around a shaking Bella. "What?"

"I saw something earlier." She hesitated. "Fraser has discovered something in himself."

"Does it have something to do with his gifts?"

"How did you know?"

Edward lowered his voice trying to make sure Bella couldn't hear. "Earlier, he seemed to control my mind." He thought again. "When I tried to look into his mind, it seemed foggy. Almost like there was a dark cloud covering it."

Bella noticed Edward and Alice tense. Edward looked to be deep in thought when he suddenly snapped his head looking toward the thrones.

Bella looked at Fraser. She shivered when she looked at his blood red eyes. She then looked to Jasper. His were the same.

Now that she looked at them, she missed the kind topaz colour they used to be. Now their eyes looked dark and evil. The embodiment of two monsters.

"Edward, Alice. To what do I owe the honor?" Fraser dropped his eyes to Bella, a smirk over taking his face. "Bella."

"Fraser." Alice nodded at him.

"Dimitri told me you almost caused a scene." Fraser sat back in his throne. "Why would you do that?"

Edward pulled Bella slightly behind him. "I wanted death, Fraser and you didn't want to give it to me."

"Oh, Edward. Are you really that spoilt?"Jasper laughed." Just because Carlisle gave you everything doesn't mean the Volturi is going to it."