Chapter-13 The Advisor

Ciradyl is in the west of Amarus, having a direct connection with the city to make transportation easier and less costly. It generate a large revenue, given as a gift, this place is really valuable for the King. His council at first had different opinions about the place, being close to north boundaries, still, most of the land in Ciradyl was barren and deserted with population clustered in the center and at the far west borders covered by army camps, thus, the council was skeptic of its utility but Rielel had everything planned and turned this barren place to one generating profits, it was easy for news to travel fast from Ciradyl to Amarus and thus there was quite a tension in the palace.

Rielel throws the various scrolls on his desk in anger, his hand trembling miserably with bluish patches covering the skin, it looked ugly and painful. The guards and attendants shiver, quickly kneeling in fear, and asks for forgiveness. “How much time does it take?” He says clenching his fist, the attendants in the room all choke to death, struggling hard to breathe and crying to forgive them. 

Rielel turns away, looking out from the big glass window at the evening sky, his blood boiling as he comes to know the situation in Ciradyl. “Leave” He shouts making the men scurry away, breathless. The bluish patches become purple, it looked like they can peel off if left like that for long, he cries in pain.

Evarius walks up to him, closing the door behind him quietly. He stops standing next to Rielel and holds up his hand in his own, gently moving the finger on the bluish skin. Rielel doesn’t spare him a glance but also does not stop him. 

“Is it unbearable?” The King doesn’t answer still looking away. “Do you want to feed on me?” This makes the King turn to look at his advisor, eyes traveling from head to toe. He moves a step, palm sliding on the pale cheek of his advisor, Evarius closes his eyes.

 “How can I harm you?” He whispers, the anger dissipating slowly, thumb moving on the lips delicately.

Evarius holds his hands “You just have to tell me, I am aggrieved too” 

“Tell you what?” Rielel smiles, his thumb pressing the soft skin of lips making Evarius breathless.

Feeling satisfied with the way his advisor was acting Rielel plants a rough kiss on his lips, his eyes turning black as the moment becomes heated up, he closes his eyes getting rougher but Evarius doesn’t show the pain that the tight grip on the advisor and teeth on his skin is causing, and then as Evarius tries to invade the privacy more and undo the robe Rielel stops, he stops seeing the deep blue eyes, his heartbeat quickening, he pushes Evarius away harshly, turning to the other side and panting, the pain again shoots on his skin. He grits his teeth not wanting to see the disappointed look of his advisor and says rather frustrated.

“Don’t bewitch me, I am going to marry a beautiful woman sometime soon” His words filled with arrogance.“Have you made the preparation? How much time will it take?” 

Evarius remains quiet for a moment, feeling dishonored he quickly gets up and composes himself, he just lost his composure in the heat of the moment, what had he expected and wanted to do, he felt ashamed and says rather slowly “They are waiting for you in the chamber, this advisor is sorry for the delay, take your time to heal I will look into the matter of Ciradyl and discuss with you when you are fine”