Chapter-16 Iyayi and Mihael

The group is ushered to the palace that stood tall and proud between the greens, the white limestone on the strong walls was shining with the lights from fire lamps falling on it. They get off the horses and enter inside, surrounded by guards and taken to the palace hall. It was not very lively, there were only a few people present in the hall and the environment looked rather gloomy, even the jewels studded walls, dark-colored carpet and drapes on walls, and the golden throne of the King could not shine away from this gloominess. Taehyung looks in awe at the various portraits and big gold decorations in the hall, mortals are very creative and talented in designing and decorating their palaces, he thinks. The guards kneel in front of the King who was seated on the throne, watching them patiently as they approach. The King loaded with jewels from head to toe, waves his hand making the people there leave, the hall becomes empty with only the King and them. He sees their clothes, their faces, contemplating for a while, the plump hands tightening on the handle of the throne as the words leave his mouth.

"Are you the one they are talking about, the Great Shaman, curing everyone's illness?" He asks. His voice was heavy and stressed, his full-face looked pale, eyes weary.

Taehyung addresses him through his veil "This Shaman is just doing his job, 'Great, miraculous' is just a title given out of generosity by the people" He greets the King. "These are my helpers" he turns to the three behind him, they greet all together to the King. "The King asked for our presence is a great honor to us," Taehyung says.

"Your talent will be put to test here, my Kingdom is praising your work and as their ruler, it becomes my duty to find whether it is the truth or they are being deceived" The King states, uneasiness washing through him. His small eyes looked defeated.

"This Shaman knows his limits and talents and is not afraid of tests, instead, it would be gratifying to be of help" Taehyung answers. The three behind watch in surprise, they didn't expect Taehyung to be so invested in this job as if he owns it, Jimin looked in admiration at his Prince, words of praise itching to come out of his mouth.

"Where are you from?" The King asks.

"We are travelers with an ability to heal, the sky is our blanket and the land our comforter, do we need anything else when we are on our way to do good to mankind, we are born to serve people, there is no house but wherever we get love, becomes our temporary cover," Taehyung says in a soft and sweet voice, soothing the royalty. The three at the back look down to hide their smiles.

"Then what about food, have you eaten anything?" Hearing the word food slip King's mouth, Taehuyng's stomach answers first with a growl, the three at the back try hard not to shake from laughing.

Taehyung chuckles helplessly "It seems like this shaman pushed his body to extreme reacting like that and asking for forgiveness" The King doesn't mind and orders his attendants to bring in food, telling the four to take a seat. They quickly do so.

"This meal is a reward for your efforts, more is to come your way as you do one important task for this King. This Kingdom of mine is handed over to me by my father, the Great Varhara, I Iyayi vowed to take care of it and pass the heritage to my eldest son, but someone seemed to have ill intentions towards me and targeted my son, he is ill and in a state that he can no longer hold the position. I changed my plan and now I have my eyes set on my other son, but Mihael is still precious to me and I want his well being, no physician can cure his illness, we are trying various methods and losing our hopes, and you came as a miracle at the right time, I want you to cure his illness, and I will reward you with the richness you could not have thought of," Iyayi says impatiently, words slipping quickly from his mouth as if he tried to control them for long.