Chapter-38 Prince can see you

Taehyung feels the gazes of everyone on him, Blaspheus grins waiting for him to speak while Yoongi and Jimin just stare, confused but still holding the trust in their eyes, “You are here for this Prince then talk to me” Taehyung confronts him.

“No…no…I am here to inform them who did this as it seems they are unaware or maybe….they are intentionally not told about it, Your Highness” Blaspheus gives an offended and miserable look as if being wronged and at the same time feeling sorrowful for the loss of the human. His gaze holds pity for the human and the demon “They should have not been kept in the dark like this.”

Jimin coughs up blood trying to get up but fails his eyes shine bright and his lips move slowly Yoongi next to him clenches his fist and speaks out loud whatever Jimin wanted to say, “If His Highness has kept something hidden from us then this might not be the time to tell” He says making Taehyung feel something stir in his heart. 

The devil claps wiping the fake tears from his eyes “I feel so touched by this bonding but I am afraid it won’t last long” His canines become visible giving him a dangerous charm. 

Taehyung doesn’t answer and looks around at the army, his eyes narrow as he sees the villagers slowly joining the soldiers with whatever weapon they could get, they are holding lighted torches and seemed to be angry and desperate for revenge. Taehyung was able to sense the danger getting closer but the situation at present was not letting him take action.

The devil laughs knowing very well what Taehyung had in his mind, “You never know when you may get the need to ambush” the devil again turns to get a quick check on Yoongi, “won’t you introduce me to them?” He asks Taehyung but still fails to get an answer, disappointed, Blaspheus clicks his tongue and introduces himself.

“Greet me with respect mortal for I am the one who dwells deep in your heart, your desires. I am your greed, Blaspheus” He laughs. Jimin coughs out blood hearing the insufferable introduction. “Do you know why they are here?” The devil points toward the army ignoring the demon.

Seeing they were too dull to give a good response Blaspheus answers his own question. “They are here to take with them the assassins of the crown prince and put them to punishment, a human and two travelers” 

 He continues “Since Xerith only likes to kill a majority rather than targeting one or two people, I took this task into my own hands” the talkative Blaspheus laughs and turns towards Yoongi. “Now that I think about it maybe this was the reason that he never harmed you three while being together.” Blaspheus acts like being deep in thought.

Yoongi feels his blood drain hearing those words he quickly asks “What do you mean by being with us?”

“This was what I am worried about too, why has His Highness never revealed the identity of the devil, was it because he is too close with the person or he wants to see mortals reach their end” The devil laughs.

Yoongi turns to face Taehyung “Your Highness what is he talking about?” 

“Don’t listen to him” Taehyung says. 

Yoongi’s lips wobble and his eyes water seeing the anxious angel in front of him just staring at them. Jimin tries to hold Yoongi but he pushes the hand away.

“There must be a misunderstanding, he is a devil he is deceiving us…right?” He asks taking a different route.

“Oh…am I?”  The devil cuts in but the two of them don't spare him a glance their focus was fixed on each other. Taehyung feels his eyes redden. There was nothing he could say at the moment, Yoongi was not in the mind to understand and his reasons may seem invalid to them. He was also worried for their safety more than addressing this issue, he never planned to hide it, they would have witnessed it in near future, for now, he wanted to take them away, there were mortals with the devil whom he could not harm, Jimin is already injured and the devil in front is the powerful one.