Chapter-45 The last goodbye

Taehyung feels a little self-conscious hearing the words and the soft tone of the General, there was not much time to hold himself and think about what their future be like. A little while ago he wanted to see Jeongguk and apologize to him, now that the said person is in front he wants to do the simple wish asked for. Taehyung takes a deep breath and nods slowly, a light smile on his lips as their eyes meet. “But it can only be done in our space.” 

Taehyung moves closer such that their bodies were almost touching each other, he stares at the general who also held a smile on his lips. “Close your eyes,” He says with a mysterious smile on his lips, Jeongguk nods and follows the instruction, a golden light envelopes Taehyung’s palm as he puts the two on each side of Jeongguk’s forehead and closes his eyes.

Jeongguk feels the touch to be gone and waits for a while to know what to do next but hearing no sound or call from Taehyung he becomes anxious and opens his eyes quickly. There was darkness all around him, his heart clenches in fear thinking he lost the time acquired, and calls for the Prince’s name, turning to see in all directions to where he had gone. 

Just when he was about to lose hope he hears a faint sound of bells, the sound was very light and came from somewhere near. He sees a golden sparkling light above his head, and the glittery light falls like snowflakes around him in a small shower, lighting the pace all around him, it is then he realizes he is standing in a field full of flowers, the one he plucked and put in Taehyung’s hair, remembering the moment Jeongguk could not help but smile. He looks at the scene in amazement and spreads his palm to catch the sparkling light. 

The flowers sway a little as the showers of light fall on them. Jeongguk bends to check, he hesitates then plucks one and was surprised to see it smells so nice and fresh.

“Jeonggukie” He hears Taehyung call his name and looks in front to see the most beautiful and fascinating thing he could ever see. 

There in front of him stood a beautiful man in white silk robes, watching him with a hesitant but pure smile on his lips. A deep golden robe with shoulder armor formed of gold covered him while the inner dress was made of fine cloth decorated by golden embroidery like sunlight lining the clouds, the robe enhance the skin of the angel more. There was a golden bracelet like a curled vine in one hand while the other held a scepter with a flame flickering from it, the mark on the angel’s forehead was bright. The golden hair falling on his waist looked soft enhancing the beauty of the crown on his head, several thin chains were attached to it, that reached the mark on his forehead. He looked ethereal in all sense to Jeongguk.

Jeongguk moves his eyes to the phoenix-like wings of the angels, their color so bright that the rest of things looked dull in front of it. The wings had a domineering presence and could easily scare someone silly as well as leave agape in mesmerization. They were big like two guards protecting Taehyung. Jeongguk could understand now how important the wings were for the angels, how powerful they can make one feel, he could not help but wanted to surrender his life in front of Taehyung. He felt like he has seen heaven and now death doesn’t affect him anymore. He watches as the wings slowly move and spreads a bit more, almost reaching near him who was a little far away from Taehyung. 

Jeongguk stands up, his eyes still not leaving the Prince of angels and demons. Taehyung watches him and he softens seeing the astonished face of Jeongguk. The bright red and orange wings were enclosing the angel from the back, the presence felt so divine that Jeongguk felt like he could not move.

Taehyung gets a little nervous and shy when after several moments pass still the General stays in the same place just staring at him without any movement or any word. He could not help but be a little hesitant as he asks.