Chapter 5

"Chase it's time to wake up" said a very familiar voice. I opened my eyes to see that Skye was centimeters from me.

"Good morning sleepyhead, it's time to wake up" Skye smiled because i was duzed. I used to wake up early but it never happened that someone woke me up.

"What time is it?" I asked yawning. "It's 8 in the morning, you slept like a log" replied Skye.
"Sorry I didn't wake you up, I usually wake up all puppies". 

"Chase we're on vacation it doesn't matter that you wake up us". "Ryder and the other pups are they awake already?". "Yes" replied whit a smile in face. "Let's go have breakfast" said Skye.
"Of course, im starving" Skye started to laugh, amused by my situation.

Skye took Chase to the hotel lobby where the other puppies were ready to leave.

"Ryder why are we going out?" Asked Chase. "Well we will go to a bar for breakfast, I heard that here in Rome there are bars that serve very good breakfasts" replied Ryder, ready to go out.

The puppies lined up in a row consisting of one pair for each puppy. Everyone was amazed to see the city so bustling and lively, there were many tourists walking and many people talking. After 10 minutes of walking they arrived at the Bar.

Ryder walked in with Katie to order breakfast for everyone. 

"Guys I don't understand a word of what they say, this language is funny" said Zuma. 
"I know, I am beginning to understand a few words, luckily we speak English" said Marshall listening to the talk of a young couple sitting next to their table.

"Grazie per avermi portato in questo posto, è qui che ci siamo incontrati per la prima volta/ Thank you for taking me to this place, and this is where we first met" said the woman of the couple. "E da allora non ci siamo più lasciati/And we've never parted since then" the man said before kissing his girlfriend.

How I wish that would happen to Everest and me, how can I express my feelings to her, I'll have to ask Chase for advice.

Ryder went out with Katie and I'll sit in their seats. After a while 2 waiters brought breakfasts for everyone. Ryder Katie and Captain Turbot ate a cake and drink some coffee, instead the puppies ate a dog treat and drink some warm milk.

Once breakfast was over, everyone left the bar and headed for the nearest cultural site.
Once they reached the puppies they looked up and were amazed.

"Woah, it's beautiful" said Rubble. "What is this Ryder?" asked Rocky. "This is the Colosseum"
"It's very big" said Liberty. 

They went to the ticket office to buy tickets.

"Salve come posso aiutarla?"

"You can speak in english please?" asked Ryder.

"Oh sorry, how can i help you?"

"I need 14 tickets"

"14 tickets for Colosseum, Imperiali Forums, and Palatine. Ok?"

"Ok, thanks" 

Taking the tickets they went to the entrance of the Colosseum to enter and visit it, but were joined by a guide who will show them better the history of this place.

"Welcome to the Colosseum. This giant arena was commissioned by the Emperor Flavius ​​in 72 AC and ternimated under his son Titus in 80 AC"

"Why does it have the name of Colosseum?" Asked Katie.

"The name derives from a giant statue erected by the emperor Nerone and then demolished for the Damnatio Memoriae. The term consists of the elimination of a person in books, paintings, public works"

The team moves into the dungeons to understand how the arena works.

"These are the undergrounds of the Colosseum, here the gladiators trained and prepared for battles. In addition, animals, weapons and armor, prisoners, fighting machines and more are guarded. It is thought that it could be brought into the arena in addition to the classic upper accesses also via elevators"

"How many people could the colosseum accommodate?" Asked Skye.

"In addition to the imperial family and the senators, it could have between 50,000 and 90,000 people"

"Like a modern stadium" Said Skye.

"Yes, exactly"

The Colosseum's dungeons were narrow, 4 or 5 men wide, it was amazing how the ancient Romans could be built.

The team went to the stands of the Colosseum and visited the rest of the Colosseum, fascinated by the architectural beauty of that place. Finally he went to a wooden platform for the final speech.

"We have finished our tour, I hope you enjoyed it" 

"Yes, thanks" All the puppies said.

After the tour of the Colosseum they went to the imperial forums.

"The Colosseum was beautiful, I am happy to have come on vacation with you Marshall" said Everest approaching the Dalmatian. " Marshall blushed, his crush was thanking him. He knew this vacation was the right time to make his move.

The team has been joined by another guide who will show them the Imperial Forums and the Palatine.

"The imperial forums are made up of 4 main holes and a temple. We have the largest forum which is that of Trajan, then we have the forum of Augustus, Caesar and Nerva"

"These holes were built at different times and have been destroyed or degraded over time. The Roman emperors built these holes to glorify themselves and left a piece of their history in their city"

After 20 minutes of visiting the Forums they moved towards the Palatine Hill.

"The palatine, which is an open-air museum, was the seat of the villas of the Roman emperors and consuls, some of their villas are still visible. The name of the hill derives from the feasts it was called before the birth of Rome"

After 15 minutes everyone finished seeing the Palatine Hill and headed for a restaurant to eat.

To be contined

|By -The Empereor|