moving on

Days soon turned into weeks as life past by me as if on stand still; yet, so much had changed. No home to sleep in. No love of a mother. Or father. No warmth of a fire. No affection from a neighbour. 
Not long after it happened I got rushed to the train station. I don't really know what was suppose to happen, but I didn't think it was something good. The moment the kind lady turned her back, I was gone, slipping through the crowd as if I were invisible. I guess being so little had it's advantages. Running through the crowd of people I finally reached an alleyway. It was dark and narrow, it didn't look friendly at all, so I decided to go down it. I know, it sounds pretty dumb, especially for an innocent little kid, but I had my reasons. Your telling me that if you wondered by that alley you'd think the little boy you were looking for would go near it? An alley that looked dark and dirty, full of danger and fear? No you wouldn't. which why it was such a good place to hide. It's not like I felt I had much to loose. If I died, at least I would have been with ma.
As the weeks turned into months, I began to realise that the world wasn't as nice as most children believed it to be. People could be mean and nasty. Adults could be filled with judgment and criticism. The rich could be selfish and greedy. The poor sick and sad. All that I had known about the world had been turned upside down as my life as a street kid taught me the pain and suffering of reality.