family

One day, not too long before the war ended, I was taken in to a family of youngsters. Of people like me, whose home was the streets of London.
Everyone's story was different. That didn't matter though, because we all had a family. Not all by blood, but by what mattered most. Love.

We stuck by each other no matter what, protected each other from the dangers surrounding us. We Shared food and clothes and money. We lived under one roof, together. Not always the same roof, as we constantly had to move so that we didnt get caught, but still a roof. A home.

When I first became a part of the family there was about 10 of us. The chief was Adam, him and Leah, the girl who found me, were the leaders. Adam was tall and muscly, he always held a stoic mask on his face and looked threatening to all who did not know him. He was someone no one wanted to mess with. Respect was demanded from him and no one questioned why. Leah was a fiesty soul. Always up for a fight and held an icy blue fire in her eyes that screamed danger. Her fiery orange hair was stained with dirt and dust. Although she seemed mean and cold, she was really the nicest person I knew. She was like a mother to me. She was to some of the others too, but, I liked to think I was her favourite. Her smile was radiant, so infectious that even on my saddest of today's I could never keep from smiling when she radiated her mischievous grin at me. Others too, Harry, Spike, Jet, Sarah, Blondie, Lake, and Maisie were like uncles, aunts, sisters and brothers . All of  there were family. Each of us had a role to play and never did we let each other down.