friend turn foe

Never would I ever imagine the turn around my life took. 15 long years on the streets and i got the chance to start over. Rarely did that ever happen to us kids. At 20 years old, an old enemy turned to a friend, offering me the chance to start over.
It felt so surreal that I had to punch myself to check if I was still dreaming.
It all started when Lizzie came up to me one day and told me someone was here to talk to me. Confused, I left to go see who it was. Never in a million years would I have guest it was Him. Storm. Leaning against the wall of the run down avenue of our temporary home. He nodded towards me, a small smile ghosting over his lips, and a cigarette lit in his hands.
"What d'ya want Storm?" I asked, tensing myself, ready for a fight.
A chuckle escaped his lips.
" I have a proposal. Your a good fighter, hell raiser. So much potential yet here you are. One has to wonder why you're still here?"
The question was no doubt there. Storm made a good point, but there was no way in hell that I was going to tell him. It was none of his business what I decided to do with my life. So I just stood there, gave no answer, no response. Minutes past by agonisingly slowly, no doubt he was waiting for an answer. When he realised I was not forthcoming, another chuckle escaped through his lips. He showed me small sack. I raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. Again, he chuckled.
"Take it. They're coming for you. It's time you left Hell raiser. Go. Start over somewhere new." Storm offered.
I stood there, frozen.
"What!? Why? Why would you do that for me? You hate me!" I hadn't realises I had said all of this aloud.
A small smile graced storms lips and a deep sadness dimmed his eye, so alike mine.
"Because I protect my own."
With that, he disappeared.

Authors note
Hi everyone!
I hope you guys are all doing good!
Don't forget to comment or vote if you're enjoying the story♡