Close Call

Lizzie's POV
Immediately the guys had started to help. They got us out and into what could only be described as a mini infirmary. I was shocked. Who knew ships literally had a small hospital room?
Another guy, and two ladies came running over, prodding and poking him. Emotionless voices saying big words that flew through my brain, holding no meaning. I just stood there, hoping he was going to be ok.

One of the nurses saw me; I must have looked as bad as I felt. She came over and crouched down in front of me, talking nonsense, later I realised she was probably trying to offer comfort.

I couldn't focus. It was like time had come to a stand still. Everything in slow motion and voices faded in to a distant murmur as I finally became immersed in my fear, my panic, my shock.
So overwhelmed I hadn't realised I had fallen to the floor, sitting, huddled against the wall, staring straight at Logan, praying he was going to be ok.

NURSES POV
It wasn't an uncommon occurrence to find two runaways fleeing in hopes for a better life, but it was rare to finding such a young pair, especially in such bad conditions. The boy, so young, yet, had seen horror someone double his aged could not even see in their worst of nightmares. He was so malnourished. So sick. Never in my career had I seen someone looks as bad as he did.

It was touch and go.
A nasty illness, it seems, had crept up on him, getting worse and worse, until, he ran out of fight.

The young teenagee was still fighting though, by some miracle he was still here.

He had been saved.

The poor girl. She looked to be around 7 years old.
Tears drenched her face, her sweet eyes red and puffy. So much pain and fear haunting them. Once I made sure the boy was ok, I went over to her.

I tried explaining he was okay. She wasn't listening. Taking a deep, shuddering breath, I sat beside her and spoke words of reassurance, hoping to provide comfort.

So young. So innocent. Never should a child look so haunted as these two children did on this day.

Authors note
Hey everyone!
I hope you are all doing well. In the next few chapters this story is going to reach its end, but I am hoping to start writing a sequel, let me know what you think to that idea.
Don't forget to vote or comment if you like this story!
Bye for now♡