Chapter Three: Final Selection 2/2

Soon after Yumi went deeper into the forest she encountered a demon with the appearance of a child. The demon had black hair, purple eyes and was wearing a mistreated montsuki.

'This is my first time, luckly I have the bombs that Uzui-San gave me.' Yumi thought.

'Just breathe in and hear the right time.' She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

'Tu-Tum'

The demon took notice of this and used their demon art technique. "Demon art: Tree manipulation" Suddenly the nearest two trees were moving by themselves rushing to attack the nearby human, when Yumi let out her breath.

"Fourth Form: Constant Resounding Slashes" Yumi held her swords apart and spins them rapidly in conjunction with releasing her bombs, creating massive explosions while defending themselves from the demon's attacks.

When she saw the demon's face with a shocked look on their face she took that to her advantage and sliced the demon's head, beheading it.

But then the demon's body started wilting like a dead tree.

"I'm surprised that you managed to kill that clone." She turned around looking for the same demon she thought she killed already. There he was standing.

"You know it is impolite to just stare. I wonder if your parents ever taught you some man-" The demon was cut off by Yumi just slicing the demon's neck without any breathing form.

"It seems that the real demon was weaker and more chatty than the clone" Yumi just said looking at the head that was turning into ashes. "May your victims rest in peace now." She said as she put her hands together and bowed slightly. After that she just went on to kill more demons.

After the seven days Yumi killed about 11 demons in total. When she went back to the place where all the wisteria was at and she only saw the ones that she was interested in had survived, the rest probably died.

"I'm gonna die. I'm a goner. Even if I survive now, I'm gonna die in the end anyway." She heard the yellow haired boy whisper.

"Welcome back." The black and white haired twins said coming out. There was a table behind them covered in a cloth.

"Congratulations." The white haired one said.

"We're pleased to see that you're safe." The other one said.

"So? What am I supposed to do now?" The one with the scar on his face spoke up. "Where's my sword?"

"First, we shall issue you all uniforms. We will take your measurements, after which your rank will be engraved." The white haired girl said.

"There are ten ranks in all..."

"Kinoe, Kinoto, Hinoe, Hinoto, Tsuchinoe, Tsuchinoto, Kanoe, Kanoto, Mizunoe, Mizunoto." The two girls said one after another. "Currently, you are the lowest rank, Mizunoto."