Chapter Twenty-Two: A New Hashira and A New Friend, Maybe Two

"What happened to Yumi?" Tanjiro asked Aoi. Tanjiro was trying to get updated on all those who were on the mission.

"Yumi-Sama is in a meeting with the other hashiras right now."

"Huh? What do you mean with the other hashiras? Why is she there?"

"Yumi-Sama is the Sound Hashira now."

"I hope the sun will shine upon my beautiful children today."

"I wish you good health, Oyakata-Sama." Tomioka said.

"If I can ask a question, why is there a meeting today?" Obanai asked.

"As you know, Uzui Tengen the Sound Hashira has retired, in the mission which he fought so bravely. Today there will be a new Sound Hashira. You may come out, my child."

The doors of the mansion opened to reveal Yumi in a slightly different version of her old uniform. Instead of having silver buttons she had golden ones. Her uniform shirt had cuffed sleeves now. She had the headband Uzui had worn before her, which was quite worn out. Her makeup had three red dots running into her eye, one on above her eye in the middle, one on each side at the bottom of her left eye.

"I am honored to be called into this meeting to announce that I have been given this opportunity to carry the legacy as the Sound Hashira." Yumi said loud and clear.

"Kyaa! Welcome Aku-Chan!" Mitsuri cheered. Everyone looked at her way as always when she blurts out.

"I hope you all will get along."

"Yes Master!" They all said.

"Aku-Chan!"

Yumi flinched when she heard that name, she turned around and saw a watermelon-head.

"Kanroji-san, pleasure seeing you again. You can say my first name, Yumi."

"Please! Call me Mitsuri then." She smiled widely.

"Is there something you need Mitsuri-san?"

"I was hoping to have a chat with you!"

Yumi didn't know what to expect from the Love Hashira.

"I was heading to a Kakushi to go to the smith village! I was hoping you would come along so we could bond!"

Yumi gave a big smile and agreed to it. Although, the way they were brought to the village was unpleasant.

"Yumi! Let's go to the hot springs!" Mitsuri suggested that, not bothering to hear Yumi's response, she dragged her to the hot spring.

"So Yumi~ Let's talk about boys!"

"B...boys?" Yumi stuttered and blushed.

"Yep! What kind of boys do you like?!" Mitsuri was quite interested.

"Well, I would like a boy who is cute, gets easily flustered, and has fluffy hair." Yumi imagined what she would like her future lover to look like. But an image flashed from her childhood. 'Just like him...'

"Kyaa! I wish the best for you Yumi! I hope you find him one day!" Mitsuri jumped causing the water to splash.

"M...Mitsuri! Don't jump in the hot spring!" Yumi blushed from embarrassment for what she had seen.

"A..Ahh. I'm sorry!" Misturi with a blushing face apologized.

Right after a few topics they talked about they decided to get out. That was when Yumi heard a voice she was getting tired of.

"Oh? I heard an echo saying thank you. Did someone come over? I feel my heart pounding here. Let's check it out, Yumi!"

They went to a private area where there were clothes set for both of them. They changed quickly and went to get out of the hot springs area. As they closed the door they were met by a tall young man with a scar across his face. Yumi remembered that scar from the boy in the final selection. Man, he literally grew up fast.

"Hello!" Mitsuri waved to him with a big smile.

He ignored her and walked away. Mitsuri was getting sad, thinking that she was getting ignored rudely. Yumi heard his heart pounding fast and hard, she also saw the tips of his ears going red. She giggled which made his heart go faster.

She was about to talk to Mitsuri when she noticed she wasn't there anymore. Far away she heard Mitsuri's and Tanjiro's yelling.

All she could do was sigh.

Time for a Taisho Era secret

✧Genya took one look at Yumi and his mind was full of her.

✧Genya remembered her from the butterfly mansion when she was helping Aoi.

✧Yumi saw Genya as a dog, he looks scary but is actually really sweet.

✧Uzui felt disturbance in the air.

Word count: 729