Chapter 36

Barry knew he was going to give up his speed almost immediately Marinette was far more important and she probably knew he was a speedster now and one that had failed to protect her

Earth 2

Marinette had woken up a day ago, hoping it was nothing more than a bad dream but unfortunately it was real. Opening her eyes all she had seen was a very dim light which scared her that she had no idea what was lurking in the shadows.

From what she could tell she was in a cell like the ones in jail, looking around she saw something move in the cell next to her, and she let out a scream. She quickly curled into a ball terrified of what was next to her.

Within seconds she felt a gust of wind, slightly looking up she saw a man he was wearing some black outfit that looked like it was from a horror movie but the hood was done and it looked like a normal person in a costume....almost

Marinette had no idea what was happening, all she wanted was her parents or someone she knew and to be at home with grandma Gina or grandpa Joe.

"You know it's rude to stare," the man said he had a deep voice and was looking directly at her.

Marinette shrunk back, scared of the man, "don't worry I'm not going to hurt you, you're too important to Barry but compared to his speed though." he said with a smug look on his face he had proved someone wrong.

"Do you know who your father is?" he asked simply, almost gently, like he actually cared.

Marinette gave a small nod not sure what was even happening anymore, "his name is Barry Allen" she whispered so quietly it was like a pin being dropped nearly unhearable.

"So you know he's the flash," the man said, Marinette had thought she had heard him wrong, her father worked at the police station he was CSO or something like that. How was he a superhero? Why hadn't he told her?

A million thoughts were going on in her head but the biggest one was 'is he really a superhero?' that and 'why didn't he tell me?'

To say Jay wasn't enjoying this would be lying watching the child contemplate everything she had ever been told was quite entertaining.

That and knowing he could have Barry do exactly what he wanted just for merely taking his beloved daughter.

Within a day or two at most he would be the fastest man alive, even faster than he ever was using Velocity X.