Prologue

Roger put his arm around his mate's shoulder. "I am really glad I met you.." he murmured into her ear. She giggled. "Oh Roger, I'm glad I met you too. I'm so grateful that your my mate. I love you so much.." "I love you too, baby," Roger replied, planting a loving kiss on her cheek. They snuggled up against each other on the couch. It was cold and snowing outside, but they didn't care. You couldn't be in the same room with them and not feel the love and warmth they had for each other. It was their third anniversary. "Love, I got you a little gift..It's not much, but I hope you like it.." Annalise handed Roger a gift bag. He smiled. "Thank you, Annalise," he said, opening the gift. He pulled out a gold pocket watch. Inside, was a picture of Annalise and Roger together. He smiled and chuckled as he looked at the watch. "Do you not like it..?" his mate asked in a nervous voice. "I love it, baby...I was chuckling because I got you a little something almost similar." he handed her a small jewelry box. She looked at him and took it. When she opened it up, she gave a small gasp. Inside, was a beautiful gold locket. It held a picture of them inside. "I love it, Roger! Thank you!" she exclaimed, hugging him tight. He smiled. "Of course, Annalise...You deserve a whole lot more than just the locket you know. You deserve the whole world! Even the entire solar system!" Annalise laughed. "Oh Roger, that's sweet. But where would I put all the planets?" Roger shrugged. "I don't know....Maybe you'd just have to leave the sun, moon, stars, and planets in orbit. And the earth right where it is. Stationary." "Probably, love..But it's sweet you think I deserve all that.." Annalise replied. "Well, you know, if I could, I'd get it for you. I want to give you whatever you want. I want to by your side till death do us part.." Roger held Annalise in his arms. "So do I, Roger..So do I.." she whispered into his ear.

 These two were a very happy couple, as you can probably tell. You couldn't be in the same room with them without feeling happier. They loved each other like there was no tomorrow. Those gifts, they carried them around wherever they went. They spent every day with each other. Even holidays. Of course they spent plenty of time with their families, though. Everything was perfect in their lives. But, nothing lasts forever...