Chapter 5: 19

-----------------

SOFIA POV:

PRESENT...

It is October 13th and today is my birthday. Victoria was telling me that today is The Night Of The Serpent but I already knew it. I found out about that when I was 16.

Some stupid boy from another class was telling me that I was born on the worse day possible since it is Axel Ford's day. I don't know what he look like nor did I even know who he was until my friend told me. I heard rumors about his appearance but I don't know if any of those rumors are actually true.

He is also known as the psychotic manipulator. Everyone is usually afraid to go out for the whole day but it is said that he rather the night time hence he named it the night of the Serpent. I don't give a fuck about Axel since I am throwing a party at my house for my 19th birthday.

My house was already decorated since I hired some people to do it. I would've done it myself but I am living in a fucking mansion so I probably would've never been able to finish decorating all by myself.

I made sure to get everything done before hand so that I could get ready on time. I was basically getting ready for my party. Victoria was helping me with my hair but I think that I am just going to keep it down.

She made sure that I had everything ready. I wore a black dress.

It was a tight fitted dress. I was planning on wearing something else but black is my favourite colour so why not. Victoria allowed the guest inside and I would say about 200 or 300 people showed up.

I honestly didn't expect so much. I looked down from my room and a smirk appeared on my face. I wanted to enjoy my night but I also know that eyes would be on me as soon as I enter the room.

The front of the mansion has a large yard that was fully decorated with lights. Many people were outside while others were inside the mansion where there was a massive interior just for dancing or partying. Inside that specific area in the house also had seats and a bar section.

Confident by Justin bieber was blasting throughout the mansion as I made my entrance. I walked down the stairs and eyes were on me. I could hear little whispers as I walked down the stairs.

I got onto the dance floor but not before I managed to grab a drink. After a few minutes of people staring at me, the party finally got better for me. I was dancing in the middle of the room while others joined on either by themselves or with someone at their side.

I have never felt more alive. I always wanted to be free which sounds weird since I am technically free because I have no parents to tell me what to do not that I haven't created a lot of trouble in my past. Trouble followed wherever I was.

I just wanted to live a little and take risks. I had done a lot of that already but why not put more fuel to the fire, Today is going to be the start of me finally being able to accomplish those things that I want to do.

Victoria and some guy was dancing while I continued to dance on my own but I couldn't help but notice a guy standing at the bar section looking straight at me. Where the bar area is located was not far from the area that I was dancing in and it was visible for me to see from the direction that I was in.

He was tall but not too tall but he was definitely taller than me. He had gray eyes and they were trailing at my body. He had a black suit on and I could see his built through it. He was handsome but I was more concerned at the way his eye stared intensely at me.

I wasn't afraid just concerned not for me but for him. He seemed like a good prey. I wasn't too bothered at how handsome he was but I looked at his lips and could've sworn he mouthed, “mine.”

AXEL POV:

She looked so confident in her tight black dress that showed off her perfect body. I stood at the bar section sipping on my beer as my eyes trailed down her body watching how perfect her body swayed with the music.

She noticed me as her hazel eyes looked at me from across the room. I saw her eyes trailing to my lips so I mouthed, “mine.” That is indeed what she is going to be soon enough.

She turned her face in another direction for a second so I made my move. I walked behind her and gripped her hand while pulling her waist against me. My lips brushed against her ear “You came here with anyone love.”

“Why? Jealous,” she teased then turned around to look at me. “Believe me love. You couldn't handle if I was.” I pulled her closer to me as she continued,“I'm not attracted to you.”

“Is that so love.” Her eyes couldn't maintain contact with mines and I felt her body tremble. “Your pulse is racing.”

With my words her eyes met mines. I loosening my grip on her and she quickly moved away from me as she took off her dress, displaying her bikini that she had underneath it and jumped into a pool.

SOFIA POV:

My pulse wasn't racing but I like people to think that they won. I pretended and he obviously fell for it, He noticed my so called pulse as we were close to each other. He really thought that he had my heart racing and I don't know why but it made him feel good. I acted afraid of him but at the same time teased him. I don't even know his name but he looked older.

He was probably 5 years older if I had to guess but I wouldn't know if it is true or not. I got out of his grip and I took off my dress and I jumped into the pool. I honestly thought that he would follow me into the pool but instead he didn't but maybe he doesn't want to get his suit wet.

I looked around but he was gone. He probably left. I was in my pool just enjoying the water then after a while I got out of the pool and I was about to grab a towel when I noticed someone watching me. I couldn't see who it was since it was kind of dark in the area that he was standing in.

It was probably some guy from the party. My eyes drifted from him and I dried my hair then I was about to go back to the party but I turned around and bumped into his chest.

“You look nice in that bikini,” his hoarse voice murmured. I knew exactly that it was the same guy that I danced with. His voice sounded the same.

“What are you doing here,”I questioned. He smiled slightly then said,“You need my help.” I was confused. I don't need help. “Help with what,” I asked.

“Do you want help with drying yourself up love.” I stepped back just to create a little space. He then stepped forward, took my face raising it up to look at his. He gave out a laugh,“Don't worry love. I don't bite.”