Chapter 42: NERVOUS

AXEL POV:

I can't believe that she actually went to the couch to sleep. Maybe I should've left the beds in the guestroom if I knew that she was gonna do that. Now I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about her. Why do I have the girl I love sleeping on a couch.

I didn't put her there; she went on her own free will, but I should've stopped her... but if I did then she'd probably throw a dagger at me.

“I'll never be like that,” I heard her yell. My heart felt like it dropped. I ran off the bed and I saw her having a nightmare on the couch. “Shhh,” I whisper in her ear as I pass my hand on the strands of her hair.

Oh fuck..  I really wished that I could help her. I always say that I want to protect her but when she's asleep and the nightmares hit her...there's nothing I can do and I feel useless.

I can't help her and I know that she has to fight it on her own but I wish that I could fight it with her so that she'd know I'm here for her. I am her stalker and I am also the psychotic manipulator but I can't help her. How can a stalker help a manipulator.

I can tell that she's broken but she would never admit it. Maybe even in her head she probably convince herself that she's fine. She reminded me when I was hungry for revenge on my father and yet after I killed him the numbness got worse because I realized dead or alive; the sadness will always hunt me, feasting on me at any given moment.

I hold onto her hand and I could feel her body calming.
I on the other hand was scared. I could feel my heart racing and my palms sweating. I didn't know what to do and the thought of it had me catching my breathe.

It was getting hard to breathe but I was more focused on her. Can I help her-- was the only thing on my mind.

SOFIA POV:

I woke up because deep down in my nightmare I could hear his voice soothing me. At first I couldn't tell if it was real until I opened my eyes.

“Axel,” I yelled as I saw him getting an anxiety attack right besides me while holding my hand. Even though he wasn't fine he still was focused on me. I grabbed onto his hand and I helped him. “Breathe,” I say in an almost begging tone.

His hands began to shake. What is this stupid feeling that I'm getting. My heart is saying to hold his hand and help him while my mind is saying to leave him to help himself.

I hope this is not what it feels like to have feelings or care. I hate being vulnerable. I did cry and hug Damon but that was different because he's my brother and I am happy to have him back but Axel well he doesn't mean anything to me. I was at war in my head. I hate making important decisions.

Fuck it. I grabbed onto his hand and I tried helping him. His eyes locked into mines as he starting catching his breathe. Why the fuck was he looking at me like that.

I pulled my hand away and I growled,“ next time be quiet while I'm sleeping.”

I don't know why I said that considering that he just got an anxiety attack but I didn't care. I don't care who I hurt or kill and he had to get use to it. I don't feel bad for anything that I did. Call it psycho If you want but I don't care who is hurt.

“Next time try not to yell as if you're being kidnapped,” he argued. It was not my fault that my nightmare felt so real.

“You're coming with me,” he stated. I'm not sleeping on the same bed with him, why does he not understand that. “Why?”

“Because if you yell out like that again then I'll shoot you in your sleep,” he argued. I rolled my eyes and I followed him to his room.

At least if I am with him then he can wake me up from my nightmares.