one

Wafa Zaini was not a normal twenty-one years girl according to her friends.

She barely had two, and they think she was abnormal. Well, she doesn't care either way. Who cares if she doesn't like to spend hours deciding which shoes will look good on her or if she can't update herself with the latest trends every few months?

She doesn't have the money to do that kind of stuff and Wafa hated following the herd mentality. She was her own person and she followed a trend if she liked it or simply ignored them otherwise.

She was also a quick decision-maker and could never understand why it takes hours for a few to just shop random and bizarre things. No, she is not trying to be that girl who screams-I'm different from the others, but really just hated wasting time in shopping. 

"We are not bringing you with us next time," Zunera glared at her as she ushered her friends to get done with their shopping quickly. They have been here for the past half an hour and still haven't bought anything. What a waste of time, she thought with an eye roll.

"We came here to buy things for me and I'm done. What's taking you both so long?" She asked her in exasperation while their other friend was in her own world, oblivious to her pestering.

"Shut up, waffle. Your selection looks boring. And I'm going to choose something eye-catching. Just see, everyone at the party is going to be mind blown by you. It's very important." Humera, the twin of Zunera gushed excitedly whilst Wafa was regretting why she asked for their help in the first place.

But they were all she has. And she loved them with all her heart. Friends like them are rare to find.

"This looks very much perfect to me," She eyed her choice sceptically, "and I don't want to blow anyone's mind. It's just a party which I'm forced to attend. I could save this money for something more worthy," She mumbled the last two lines to herself while Humera jumped with a screech.

They both turned to look at the dramatic girl, who held a gorgeous light blue chiffon Kurti along with its dupatta and pants in her hands. It had a beautiful red colour border to compliment the whole look and Wafa was impressed by her friend's choice. She smiled at her but the worry of its price made her hesitate.

"This is gorgeous," Zunera spoke her words excitedly whilst she watched the sibling gush about its exquisite design. She felt bad for having to break their hearts soon. But looking at the dress, she was sure that it was going to be very expensive.

"Girls, I already chose this one. We should just go." Her voice was barely a whisper and the twins whipped their heads towards her she spoke something crazy.

It was kind of intimidating when they go all angry and intense like that. And they both look so much alike making it all the scarier.

"Waffle babe, I'm buying this for you and it's final,"

Waffle was the nickname they gave her dearly. Even though it was annoying and cringy, it started to grow on her as the days passed. It's something she has come to adore now.

"Humi and Zuni. Just listen to me, I'm buying this dress. It's pretty. That's all I know." She didn't want to embarrass herself any further. It was humiliating to know that she didn't have enough money to buy even a simple dress like that. But designer stores just rob money from people, maybe for the ones like Zunera and Humera it wasn't anything. 

Wafa knows how much hard her mother had to work for getting every single penny and she didn't wish to spend it on unnecessary things like this.

The party wasn't even that significant, to begin with. Maybe it was significant. But she didn't want to acknowledge that.