eighteen

Cuddling could be so addictive. Wafa never thought she'd get to experience it though. A warm smile crept up her cheeks as she lay on their bed lazily, spooned into Shahzaib's arms. He held her waist like his life depended on it. She could feel his breath on her neck.

She didn't even open her eyes completely and her day already seemed better. Cuddling was their new normal and she loved everything about it. Her heart rate spiked as she turned around and nestled into Shahzaib's chest, hiding her face in his warmth. He grunted in his sleep whilst wrapping his arms around her backside comfortably again, pulling her more into him.

Heat raised onto her cheeks. It was like, Shahzaib couldn't stay away from her even for a second. Her life has taken such a drastic change in the last three days. She could never get used to his open declaration of affection. He has been more vocal about his like for her, after that night. As if he didn't have anything to fear and just started being more open.

It was the way he looks at her, looks at her with all his heart that makes her absolutely lose it. Wafa never knew he was so into her. But he was. And it was the best thing in the whole world.

Her eyes flew open as she realized what day was today. Her smile was replaced with panic as she arched her neck to look at the wall clock and heaved a sigh of relief, there was still plenty of time, "stop moving." She heard Shahzaib's deep morning voice as he held her firmly. Her toes curled subconsciously as she moved her gaze to his face. He hasn't opened his eyes yet but Wafa could tell he was awake. A soft smile appeared on her cheeks instantly.

Gosh! He was so handsome and all hers. His jawline looked so perfect and those eyelashes were to die for. Wafa didn't realize but she was shamelessly gawking at him.

"Are you awake?" She questioned him randomly, Shahzaib just hummed in response, "aren't you getting late for office or something?" She chuckled this time, he lazily opened his eyes and gazed at her, "Let's stay like this for a few minutes."

Her heart quivered at his words, "I'm getting late for my field trip, Shahzaib." She whispered with a mischievous smile and giggled as he groaned whilst tightening his hold on her, "it's already tomorrow?"

Shahzaib has openly admitted his dislike of her trip. But Wafa has anticipated this trip so much throughout her college years. Maybe not so much at the moment as she thought about its consequences. She wouldn't get to wake up next to him like this and she was already missing him, her heart fell just at the thought of it. Wafa moved closer to him, nuzzling into his neck, "you know I had to leave,"

"How about you cancel it? I'll take you on a private trip. It will be more interesting than your boring college," Shahzaib stared at her with all seriousness, she couldn't believe he was the same man who didn't want to stay married to her forever. Wafa smiled softly at him.

Three days ago, things were so different.

She didn't even know if they would last another day together and here they are. More close than ever. Fighting all their insecurities to being together.

"You know I can't do that," She replied helplessly while they detangled from each other and sat up straight, looking at each other's faces.

"Of course, I was not being serious," He shrugged while throwing off the blanket.

He was totally serious. Wafa hid a smile as she too got up from the bed, stretched her hands, fought off a yawn, and tied her hair in a messy bun. She could feel Shahzaib's intense gaze upon her and was taken off guard as he engulfed her in a bone-crushing hug, "I'll miss you,"

"I know."

Ironically, she was already missing him. She looks up at him with a small smile, "so, who will bath first today?" She asked to distract his mind and it seemed to work somehow.