two

"It's good that you remember the reality. I can't wait to end this chaos, once and for all," Shahzaib muttered grumpily.

Wafa wished that she could actually punch his charming face. They were still standing in the parking space, discussing how she'd conduct herself at his birthday party now that she was his temporary wife.

She likes to throw around that word a lot. It still makes her so mad that he has crushed the idea of happy marriage for her.

"How can I ever forget about it," She replied with a frown but gasped a little as he pulled her close to him so suddenly. His intoxicating scent immediately invaded her nostrils. Her breath hitched as she looked at him in surprise but his chocolate-brown orbs were glaring at something else behind her.

Another car just occupied the space beside his and with the rash driving, she could easily guess who it was and just as she thought, her brother-in-law, who was famous for his rebellious nature got out of his car casually. Almost as if he didn't just nearly kill her.

"Are you freaking blind, Shehzad? You could have hurt her," Shahzaib was seething in rage as he held her in his protective embrace. Goosebumps aroused on her hands at his action and words.

Wafa couldn't believe her eyes either. What was wrong with him? Why was he acting like he cared about her well-being? She wondered confusedly. Her heart began to thump rather loudly against her chest as she realised how close they were standing. She could feel all those muscles. And damn. He was hot. Insanely hot.

"I'm sorry, Bhai. I couldn't slow it down at the last moment. But props to you for catching bhabhi on time." Shehzad apologized and ran off from there. But he didn't sound even one bit apologetic which made Shahzaib frown.

Wafa was furious at both brothers. Her hatred for the rich people and their endless privileges just intensified ten times more. How easy it is to be rich and not give a damn about anyone else's life besides their own? It got on her freaking nervous.

Shahzaib looked down at her, his chocolate brown orbs were suddenly warm. She could have never guessed he was capable of showing any emotions other than anger or annoyance but it looked like she was wrong.

"Are you okay?" These simple words and Wafa went completely speechless. She gazed into his eyes, searching for any lies but there was genuine concern in them for the first time. Almost as if they were a normal couple who worried about each other. Who cared for each other. But if only it was real.

She pushed Shahzaib with force as she freed herself from his stupid hold and scowled at him, "don't pretend to care, Shahzaib. I can't stand your fakeness."

For a second there, Wafa thought there could be some hope for them both but it disappeared as soon as it came. How can she forget that she was Wafa Zaini and he was Shahzaib Hussain?

They were poles apart and there could never be any hope for them. It was all just temporary.

"You're so annoying. I can't with you," He shook his head in disbelief.

She sighed hopelessly while glaring at her temporary husband, who made it clear to her from the beginning that theirs was only a namesake marriage and that she shouldn't get her hopes high. A marriage of convenience as he said.

It wasn't like she was dying to be married to him either. She was as repulsed by the idea as him. But her mother was the reason she married him. And it hurt her feelings when he said to her that she was just temporary and that he'd end their marriage sooner. Shahzaib made a whole mockery of the most beautiful bonding in the name of a marriage of convenience and she can never forgive him for that.