twenty one

Wafa has never been happier before.

She couldn't believe her five years of misery had finally come to an end. Today was her last examination and her friends couldn't shut up about it as they all submitted the papers. There was chaos on the whole campus.

There was lots of yelling and cheering as the bell rang, indicating it was time up but most of the students were done anyway.

Today marked the end of a great chapter in her life. She grinned ear to ear whilst walking towards the corridor, her friends followed her just as excitedly.

"We did it," the three of them beamed at each other once they were out of the classroom. They discussed the paper for a few minutes, it was hard but they couldn't care less about it.

The happiness of it finally being over had overtaken the toughness part of the exam.

"This is so unnecessarily emotional," Humera wiped off her tears which came out of nowhere as they discussed what will happen next now that they were done with college.

"Come here," She pulled Wafa into a bone-crushing hug. Zunera joined in instantly making the trio chuckle. Wafa enjoyed the comfort of this hug to the fullest knowing well that they had to part different ways from this point on. She could have never imagined creating such a beautiful friendship when she joined this college five years ago.

But here she was.

"You guys are the best thing ever to have happened to me in this college," She couldn't believe there were tears in her eyes as well.

"Good thing that you'll marry Rayyan, I'll have a reason to always have you around," Wafa mumbled wishfully but there was an awkward silence at the mention of his name. She raised her brows in confusion.

"I didn't want to stress you out in the final week, but he and I are over." There was a bitterness behind Humera's voice which Wafa has never seen before and it took her a moment to process what she heard.

"What? Why?"

"He's not into me," Humera huffed while her twin caressed her forearm, trying to calm her down.

"He's clearly into someone else and I don't think I have it in me to settle for anything less, I deserve better than that." She frowned.

Wafa could guess who that someone else was but she decided to be quiet, a sudden thought struck her mind making a smile widely, "gosh. It's his loss. I have always wanted to tell you something."

Zunera looked at her curiously.

"My ex-coworker, Zaroon. Do you remember him?"

The twins looked at each other before nodding their heads, "yeah. What about him now?"

Humera questioned not understanding why Wafa would bring him up so abruptly.

"Do you know what was the first ever thing he has asked me?"

"I seriously don't know where you're going with this." Zunera was intrigued regardless.

"He asked me if I could give him your dad's number." Wafa gushed excitedly, she couldn't wait to see Zaroon and Humera happening. They'd make such a cute couple.

"Why would he ask that?" Zunera asked confusedly but a huge tint of blush appeared on Humera's face, who has probably understood what Wafa was trying to say all along.

"Do you like him too?" Wafa asked her friend excitedly, "I don't know. He is cool." Humera looked away instantly, probably feeling too shy, "awe. You did deserve the best and I'm hoping this goes well." Wafa squealed and pulled her into another tight hug.