Chapter 6

Miranda finally walks in with the guy trailing after her ,we've all already had about five shots .

Penelope and Selina pinch one another under the table like middle school girls at the sight of the guy .

He's wearing a white shirt with dark blue jeans , and just like Miranda he is wearing glasses , his body is almost as hot as my husband's , looks our age and is 6 foot something , he is quiet hot I'll give him that ,I smirk at that thought .

They arrive at our table ," fellow colleagues allow me to formally introduce my old friend slash boss , Kayden. and Austin these are the friends from work " .

we all exchange glances , is it Austin or Kayden ?, Kayden Austin has the most cockiest grin I've ever seen , " good evening fellow colleagues and friends from work I am Austin and Kayden " we all laugh as he mimics Miranda .

"Oh shut up " she punches him on the shoulder .

He starts by giving the guys a formal handshake, " I'm Joseph , nice to meet you man " he says .

" likewise Joseph " , he goes on to greet everyone else but freezes when he notices me ,with a spark of recognition in his eyes. he must knows me .

I Look to the side as if I don't know he's looking at me , I still intend on having a Ethan free night so if he mentions Ethan's name I'm going to choke regardless if he's aware of the truth maybe Miranda has told him since they are good friends , or he is among those who think Ethan and I are couple goals .

" I know you " he says .

'of course you do ' I mutter under my breath as I slowly turn back around  to face him with an obvious pretentious smile on " hey there ".

"What's your name again ?" He snaps his fingers multiple times trying to remember without even bothering to greet me back  .

" Oh yes " his face lightens up , " Lauren Rivers! ".

Everyone is just as surprised as I am that he addressed me by my original surname which would imply that he knows me from before or he's trying to not be too obvious alerting me that he knows the truth .

" it's me Austin Mayor from fourth grade , you know , Mr. four eyes , noodle legs , old man stuck in a boy's body " , I immediately see a picture of the younger Austin as he begins to mention all the names the kids at school used to address him by .

" Oh yeah , I remember you " a genuine smile appears .

Life can be so unfair, this is the very guy who was the least attractive at school , he was rejected by all his crushes ,wasn't exactly the smartest and today he is standing right in front of me with the second hottest face I've ever seen on the earth (Ethan being first of course ) , my point is the guy who no one used to look at is driving everyone at this table crazy , I can tell by the way Joseph is looking at him that he wishes he was more like him , and he looks happy so I'd say he is living his best life and then there are those like me , I was loved by everybody, every boy wanted to be my boyfriend, used to get high grades and today I'm the most miserable person I know, it is said the first will be last and the last will be first .

He pulls out the chair right next to me ecstatically as if we were the best of friends   , " I never thought I'd see you again , life just operates in its own way doesn't it ?,hey Miranda did you know that your fellow colleague here used to defend me from bullies " he tells her.

" That was that one time " I say modestly .

"But still I'm not one to forget favors , it was a pretty big deal to me and practically still is .... drinks are on me for the rest of the night and that's all thanks to Lauren " he turns to everyone ,he's more chatty than I remember , he used to be awfully quiet and today the opposite is the case.