01 | Last Day

Aliyia

Aliyia

I don't want to move. I don't want to leave my childhood house. So many memories have been made here and now I'm being forced to leave it all behind.

I start to tear up as I pack my brown teddy bear. I smile back at it when I remember who I received it from. My childhood best friend. I'll never forget him. So many memories were made with him in this very house. One of the reasons why I wish I could stay.

I finish packing one suitcase and stand up. We are moving tomorrow. Our flight is at 6:30 am meaning we have to wake up at like 2 am. My parents like to be early for some reason.

Once my mom made us come to the airport at 11 am when our flight was at 5:25. About 6 whole hours were spent at the airport for no reason.

I've finished packing. Everything in my room is gone except for a few blankets that I will sleep on for the night and clothes I will use to sleep and travel. Every memory I've cherished in this exact room, is gone in a few hours.

We are moving to New York. It's already November meaning it's getting colder there. I've been to New York once in my life and that was during Christmas break in 7th grade.

A knock suddenly occurs on my bedroom door. My father walks in and leans on the door.

"How are you holding up kiddo?" He asks gently.

Him calling me kiddo makes me feel some sort of joy. It's been my nickname since forever so I guess that's why it brings me comfort. My old friend used to call me kiddo. He's only about a year older than me.

"I don't want to leave," I say, leaning against the built-in mirror.

"I know kiddo, but it's for the better," he says.

"Why couldn't you get a better job here?"

"Trust me, it'll give you and your sister better opportunities. And your sister already got accepted to a college there."

After a moment of silence, my dad gets the hint and leaves the room. The familiar Oregon air came flowing through my open window.

Taking a seat on the ground, I tear at all the memories I've made here. My favorite memories being with the one person who made me the happiest as a child. I don't know where he is now. He could still be in Oregon for all I know.

One sad thing is I'll probably never find out. I've already tried searching his name on social media but he's nowhere to be found. Maybe he uses an alias or some random ass name. Or he just doesn't use social media.

One thing I know about him is his love for hockey. When we were kids all he talked about was becoming a professional hockey player one day. I hate myself for forgetting his name. It's like it's in the back of my head but I can't figure out what it is.

Suddenly there's a loud knock on my door. I shout for the person to come in and I'm instantly shocked by the person I'm seeing. My childhood best friend is at my door.

He looks grumpy and is repeating something but I can't hear him.

Once I blink he's gone and replaced with my older sister, Aurora.

I'm hallucinating.

"Aliyia!" She shouts at me. "Hey! Get it together, and get ready we are going to the restaurant soon." Aurora speaks again before slamming my door.

She's right I do need to get it together. Now I'm hallucinating. What a freakish thing to do.

Finally getting up, I walk to my closet that only has three outfits in it. I picked up a plain white dress and walked over to my carry-on to grab my hairbrush. Then I grab a necklace from my carry-on and place it on my neck.

"Aliyia hurry up!" I hear my mother yell from downstairs.

I sigh and put on my white converse. I'm not the biggest fan of heels. Last time I wore heels I almost broke my ankle.

Grabbing my phone, and a mini white bag, I rush down the stairs to see my family standing by the door.

"Took you long enough" Aurora groans.

I roll my eyes at her and follow them out the door.

Aurora drove, my dad sat in the passenger seat beside her, and my mom and I sat in the back.

My mom placed her hand on top of mine and gave me a soft smile. "I know moving is going to be hard for you, but I'll make sure we come back to visit as much as we can."

She always finds a way to warm my heart when I'm in a bad mood. Instead of responding I return the smile to her and rest my head on her shoulder.

Not long after we reach the restaurant. It's an expensive restaurant, my parents only want us here to treat us one last time in Oregon.

The menu looked too good but the prices. $35 for fancy spaghetti on a fancy plate? Bullshit.

The dinner was amazing. We had a nice family talk about all the things we would like to do in New York. We also talked about all the good things we experienced here. Aurora started tearing up, and so did my Mom.

Good thing I wasn't the only one feeling super emotional about this.

It felt like that dinner was so short. That made everything feel worse. My last dinner in my childhood town ended like the flash.

As soon as I got home I crashed into my blankets even though it was only 7 pm. We had to wake up early anyway.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎
Authors Note

I'm really trying to make the chapters short but long. Enjoyable long but not too short you know. Anyways here's a reference to Aliyia's dress but you can picture it however you want!

Btw Zayden won't be officially introduced until like chapter 3 so be patient with me☹️ I'll try and make more updates with this book and my other book "a night to remember" which btw if you haven't read go read it😉