16 | Atlantis

Zayden

Hockey practice was the most annoying thing ever. It usually makes me want to kill myself the way the coach makes us practice. He makes us work hard till we are sweating. That doesn't even sound bad but trust me it's worse.

Winter break was coming up and exams were too. Aliyia and I have been studying a lot more recently, although most of our study sessions are spent screaming Taylor Swift.

It's an addiction.

"Let's make cookies or something I'm tired of this" Aliyia says shutting her textbook.

"But Ali, exams."

"I don't care" she stands up and exits her room.

Might as well follow her instead of just sitting here in her room like a clown.

"So what cookies are we making?" I ask her, helping her take out some ingredients from the fridge.

"Chocolate chip, best kind and easiest to make" she replies, sounding annoyed. She started taking out the chocolate chips, flour, baking soda, and vanilla extract. The way she aggressively grabbed each ingredient showed she was in a bad mood.

I won't push her to talk for now.

She starts pouring all the ingredients into a bowl and gives me the job of mixing it. Curiousness flooded through me and I licked the spoon after finishing mixing.

Oh my goodness, these are the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever tasted and I'm not even joking. Tied with my mom.

The familiar taste of cookies from my childhood brought a smile to my face.

"How is it?" Ali asks, taking the spoon from me and licking it herself. Her face lights up and sudden energy shows up. "Damn, that's fucking good"

I nod in agreement and grab another spoon to eat the cookie dough with.

Unfortunately, we ended up eating basically all the cookie dough leaving only enough for fewer cookies than we'd like.

"Jackass why'd you eat all the cookie dough," Ali says, the annoyed tone returning to her calm expression.

"Hey don't blame me, you ate half of it too" I defend myself.

"Pig" she mumbles.

"I heard that" I cross my arms.

"Good."

Retreating from her for a moment, I rush up the stairs to grab my speaker then rush down the stairs to see Ali putting as many cookies as she can fit onto a cookie sheet.

After, Ali connects to the speaker and starts playing her playlist from Spotify.

Atlantis by Seafret starts playing just as rain begins to hit the ground. Perfect setting.

For some reason, this song fits the scenery outside.

"Will you grant me a dance, m'lady?" I tease, putting my hand out for Ali to grab.

She still shoots me an annoyed glare but takes my hand anyways, showing a slight smile that she is clearly trying to hide.

"I can't dance," Ali says, looking down.

I use my pointer finger to raise her chin so her eyes meet mine.

"Don't worry I don't either, let's improvise" I chuckle, giving her a cheeky grin.

Both my hands meet her waist while both of hers meet each side of my shoulders. Her expression once again changed but this time into a flustered expression.

"Isn't this a slow dancing position?" Ali asks nervously.

"I'm pretty sure it is but oh well" I shrug, trying to sway to the song.

I definitely got way too into it because as I tried being confident with my moves, I stepped on Ali's foot causing her to yelp.

"Shit, sorry" I apologize holding back a laugh.

Ali for sure noticed my expression because she hit my chest and turned away. "It's not funny that hurt jackass"

"Didn't I say I was sorry? What else should I do, kiss your feet" I tease letting the laugh flow out.

Ali thinks like she's considering it for a moment. "Actually, yes you should," she says smirking, holding her foot out to me.

"No," I say harshly.

"Aw come on, I got a boo-boo" she taunts in a baby voice.

Yikes.

"Fine." I breathe out, preparing myself.

I lower myself to her foot and just as I'm about to kiss her clothed foot, she pulls away and gives me a look of disgust.

"Gross. I wasn't serious, you're so whipped it's honestly sad"

"I'm not whipped" I defend myself once again from her harsh remark.

"Right"

I pick her up and throw her onto the couch as she screams helplessly. A smile worked its way across her face and into her eyes.

There's something about her smile that drives me crazy. Ali just smiling could solve all of the world's problems in a matter of seconds. Even if the whole world was ending I'd still light up if I saw that smile, even during the last moments.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎
Authors Note

Shorter chapter but like anyways this chapter is very cute. Zaliyia 4ever!!!!! Not much to say but I'm impatient but I want this to kinda be a slow burn so let's hope I'm patient enough to make them kiss further in the book🙈

︎︎