06 | Bed Box

Aliyia

Aliyia

Another school day. Another day of having to see Kayla and her puppets. Another day of seeing Zayden, meaning another day of studying.

My bedding stuff arrives today but it arrives when nobody but me is home. Well, Zayden will be here for my tutoring session.

Getting up from bed, I take a nice hot shower and pick out the first set of clothes I see. It happens to be a plain black cami top and grey sweatpants.

I pair that up with white Nike Air Force 1s and silver jewelry.

Aurora drives me to school again and we engage in some small talk on the way. We are talking about how our first days went and Aurora is rambling about some cute guys she saw there.

Aurora is an extrovert. She could talk to anyone, and she could yell at anyone or anything that pisses her off.

When she drops me off and drives away, I start receiving looks from people. Some were looks of disgust, some were looks of joy, and some were looks of "oh my gosh she's hot". I could tell a lot by facial expressions.

I'm a reader. I can read people like I can read pages of a book.

The first period made me want to kill myself. One, Tate isn't in that class. Two, Kayla and her puppets are in this class and keep looking back at me. Three, It's literally math. Who enjoys math? Especially at eight o clock in the morning.

Twenty minutes into class, someone rushed into the classroom in the middle of the lesson.

Zayden.

He had morning hair, making him look like he just woke up and he was panting like crazy.

"Sorry I'm late, I woke up late" he apologizes to the teacher.

As he makes his way to sit somewhere, he locks eyes with me and changes his course of direction my way. I silently pray that he isn't going to sit beside me, and my prayers failed.

He came and sat right next to me, scooting his chair a little closer.

"Hey, Ali," he says, leaning on the table.

"Hi," I mumble.

"Did you finish the math questions I asked you to work on?" He asks, taking out his textbook to follow along.

"Yeah, I-" I was cut off by a mention of my name.

"Aliyia and Zayden, you two have something you would like to share with the class?" Ms hale calls us out.