10 | Snowman

Aliyia

I've been in New York for almost three weeks now.

Tate and I have gotten a lot closer, along with Zayden and I. Tate introduced me to her boyfriend Lukas and I found out that Zayden and Lukas are best friends.

The four of us have kinda became a friend group. We hang out a lot at school and they always make Tate and I come to their practices and games.

I've already completed the test my teacher arranged for me to take. Now Zayden and I mainly just have daily study sessions.

I like to call them studying sessions instead of tutoring even though half the time we study together he ends up teaching me and helping me.

He for real teachers me for than the math teacher does. That says a lot, doesn't it?

The snow started to fall this morning and it's gotten colder out.

My outfit of the day was just a plain blue sweatshirt and khaki cargo pants, along with white Air Force 1s.

Basic but at least it looked good on me.

I'm currently walking side by side with Tate on our way to our P.E class. One of the worst classes, after math of course.

Zayden and Lukas are also in this class meaning it wouldn't just be the two of us. One negative thing about it is Tate always clings to her boyfriend, making me feel more single than ever.

I've never had my first kiss yet, I haven't even had a boyfriend. Sad right.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

As school ended, the snow had risen. A lot more than this morning.

The group was walking out and into Zaydens car. "We should make a snowman" Tate suggests, nuzzling against her boyfriend.

"The snow isn't sticky, dumbass" Zayden says, putting the car in reverse and pulling out of the student parking lot.

"Water" I blurt.

"That won't make it sticky" Lukas questions.

"Yes it will," Tate says slapping his thigh.

"I guess we'll have to find out." Zayden shrugs.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

It worked. We poured some water onto the fresh snow and it became slightly sticky. Sticky enough to build something at least.

And just like that, the assembling of the snowman began. Tate was preparing snow for us by luring the water all over.

Lukas was rolling up the stomach and Zayden was rolling up a big snowball.

And I was just rolling the head because I had no energy to make a big snowball or anything like that. Too much effort for me.

And just like that, the snowman was established. The last final touches needed were the sticks, rocks, carrots, and a hat.

Cliche snowman but honestly who cares.

Tate and I helped add the finishing touches. With that, our cliche snowman was complete. "What should we name it?" I ask, scanning our work from head to its imaginary toes.

"let's name her crystal," Tate says, smiling excitedly.

"That sounds good" Zayden adds, standing close to
me.

"Well.." Lukas begins but stops when he sees Tate glaring at him. "It's amazing" he laughs it off awkwardly.

We admire our snowman together, taking pictures, and having a conversation with it. Yes, a conversation with a snowman, what's wrong with that?

I guess I could say I love my new friends. Their humor is incredible, they are kind, and overall just great people.

In some ways I guess I could say I'm glad we moved here. Some ways.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎
Authors Note

Another shorter chapter but just a friend group appreciation chapter🙈 Hopefully the next few chapters will be longer.

Reference to Ali's outfit for you🤭