14 | Mall

Zayden

Ali and I went to her house so that she could change into fresh clothes. I sat on her couch as she was upstairs, most likely changing by now.

Aurora, Ali's sister approaches me and engages me in a conversation with her. She started questioning me, asking if I was her boyfriend yet. The first time I met Aurora she attacked me with questions just like now.

She won't let go of the fact that we aren't together. Every time I tell her we aren't she always adds a yet at the end.

I assume she wants us together. I could get with that. Ali came rushing down the stairs, stopping my conversation with her sister.

Ali was wearing black flared leggings, a striped green and blue sweatshirt, and black converse. Her outfits are everything.

"Ready?" I ask tossing my keys in the air, catching them as gravity pushes them down.

Ali nods. "Yeah"

"Alright let's go then," I say, following her out the door.

"Aux?" I ask, putting on my seatbelt and starting up the car. Ali nods and grabs my phone from me. Not long after "finesse" by Bruno Mars starts playing. Ali shoots me a knowingly look, she knows I'm gonna start singing it.

With a playful smile, I start singing the chorus as it comes up.

"When I'm walkin' with you I watch the whole room change Baby, that's what you do No, my baby, don't play Blame it on my confidence Oh, blame it on your measurements Shut that shit down on sight That's right"

I couldn't help myself, that part is just too good. Ali silently judges me while facing the window. I can see her smiling in the window reflection and I can hear her bits of laughter that are trying so hard not to slip out.

"For your information, I am an amazing singer. I'm practically an expert" I smile, trying to keep my own laughter from coming out.

"Uh-huh, sure." Is all I get as she goes back to her silenced judging.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎
Aliyia

Being stuck in a car with children made my brain tickle. They kept hassling us asking if we were together. I didn't even know the kids yet they were so intrigued by my supposed love life with Zayden.

Zayden tried to convince his sister to make her friends stop asking about our "love life" but instead she continued asking questions.

"Have you guys done it yet?" One of them blurts out. Me and Zayden look at each other with the same agape expressions.

"Um, you guys are what? 12? 13? That's a bit too much for you" I finally speak up, considering Zayden did most of the talking.

"And? Who asked you Ms, Fiesty" another one speaks. Lord help me, I am not going to fight with a twelve-year-old right now.

"She was just saying, plus don't speak to her like that or you girls lose your ride." Zayden defends me, speaking in a childish tone probably trying to match theirs.

Summer slaps the girl who talked back to me on her shoulder and gave her an annoyed look. Probably cause of Zayden saying they could probably lose their ride if they spoke to me like that.

It was very cute that he defended me. Still annoyed at that twelve-year-old though. It was disturbing for them to ask that question anyways. What did they expect? For us to tell them if we did or not in full detail? It's not like we did or ever will do.

He's my best friend, nothing else. I think?

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎
Zayden

We finally got some peace after dropping the girls at the mall. Instead of leaving right away we stopped by the mall and are currently in Garage. Ali dragged me here just to shop for herself.

I'm currently sitting on one of the dressing room chairs waiting for Ali. She comes out in black cargo pants and a long sleeve-cropped plain blue top.

Ali starts twirling around for me, giving me a full 360 of her outfit. "What do you think? Should I get it?" She asks, a wide grin on her face.

I look at the outfit once more and nod my head in agreement. "You definitely should, it suits you"

Ali squeals and returns to her dressing room, returning in less than five minutes. "Are we good to go?" I ask her as we approach the cashier.

"Yup."

Just as Ali was about to take out her money, I pull out my card and begin to pay. "Dude," Ali says in confusion.

"What are you doing?" Ali asks, crossing her arms.

"What does it look like? I'm paying." I respond sarcastically. I know it annoys her when I'm sarcastic towards her.

"I see that. Why? I was just about to pay"

"Because why not?"

"I don't need you to buy me things, I have money y'know"

"Spend as much as my money as you want" I shrug, taking the bag from the cashier and walking out with it. Ali tries to argue more but I shut her up by agreeing to buy her food from the food court if she accepts that I paid for her.

"We should go swimming" Ali suggests, taking a bite out of her burger.

Shit.

Forgot to mention to her that I cannot swim. Like actually I will fucking drown. The last time I tried swimming it was in the deep end I kid you not, I sank.

"We should"

"Let's go now, I'll text Tate and you text Lukas and we can all go as a group." She speaks excitedly. I just know when I tell her I can't swim she will have no problem laughing in my face.

"Okay."

I'm going to break down if I drown in front of my friends.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎
Authors Note

I'm so bored😠😠 For some reason I've been writing at night🧍🏾‍♀️ if anything turns out sloppy that's probably why

In fact, it is currently 11:07 pm right now! Not that you needed to know that but why not💁🏾‍♀️
Also here's a visual representation of yet again Aliyia's outfit:

In fact, it is currently 11:07 pm right now! Not that you needed to know that but why not💁🏾‍♀️Also here's a visual representation of yet again Aliyia's outfit:

I would show a picture of the outfit she got but 1) I'm way too lazy for that and
2) it's literally just black cargos with long sleeve cropped blue top. Put the two pieces together and imagine it yourself ig 🗽

kk byee 🤭