Chapter 58

Poppy walked through the village at full speed, ignoring the many trolls that said 'hi' to her as she sped past...

She had to find a way to get Branch out of the hunt that night... and she thought she knew exactly how to do it...

     Walking straight through the blue curtains blocking the doorway, the young princess headed into the mushroom home, instantly spotting a diamond crystal ball sitting in the center of a round table, a little lime green troll with large round glasses looking into it as if she could actually see something other than the clouded rock...

     "Hello, Princess Poppy," the troll greeted with a smile, not even looking back at her expected guest. "I have foreseen your visit today..."

     "Hi, Cyble," Poppy greeted before walking over to sit at the table with her. "I need your help..."
"With Branch..." the green troll interrupted, Poppy raising an eyebrow in confusion as to how she knew that. "I told you... I have foreseen your visit..."

     Poppy nodded, taking a deep breath before continuing...

     "Anyways..." the young princess spoke nervously. "I need your help to figure out a way to get Branch out of the hunt tonight... my dad..."
"Invited him to be head hunter," Cyble finished. "But the boy doesn't want to be?"

     With a short sigh, Poppy shook her head in response to the slightly older troll's question...

     "He... he doesn't..." she conformed. "And if he goes... something really bad could happen... that's why I need a plan to get him out of it..."

     "I see..." Cyble nodded, fixing her glasses on her nose. "And you want me to look into the future for a solution, yes?"
"Exactly!" Poppy exclaimed excitedly. "So... can you do it?"
"Of course, princess. I am the village mystic after all... I can do anything..."

     Poppy watching the green troll's every move with wide hopeful eyes, Cyble began waving her hands mystically through the air around her crystal ball...

     "I see... I see..." the village mystic muttered softly to herself. "Oh... oh-no..."
"What? What oh-no!?" Poppy asked in pure terror, the young princess standing up on her chair to try and see through the magic crystal as Cyble was doing... "What's wrong!?"
"I have received a prophecy..."
"A... a prophecy?"

     Looking up from her crystal ball, Cyble turned to Poppy with a firm gaze, her eyes seeming to glow as she looked straight into the young princess' soul...

     "The troll of gray will betray..." she spoke in a voice that wasn't her own, almost seeming as if the village mystic was channeling another...

     "Wha... what?" Poppy asked, her eyes wide in complete shock... there was only one gray troll... only one... 

     'The troll of gray will betray...' Wha... what did that mean?

     Seeming to come back to reality, Cyble shook her head for a brief moment to try and clear her brain before looking back down into her crystal ball...

     "Voices will control... lives will end... blood will be shed and tears cried..." she explained before looking back up at Poppy in pure despair. "Your tears, Princess Poppy... and there will be a lot of them... you must be carful..."

     Poppy couldn't believe her ears... she just couldn't...

     'The troll of gray will betray...' The words just kept ringing through her brain over and over again...

     A gray troll... the only gray troll... would betray them... Branch... Branch would betray them...