Chapter 3: Azim Hafeez

He looks me in the eyes, and I speak, "You're mother clearly hasn't taught you any manners either," When I say that Katia gasps then grabs my arm to face her, "What do you think you're doing?? Do you know who he is?!" She whispers frantically.

"No, and I really don't care," I flipped my hijab over my shoulder since I hadn't tightened it well enough. "Samina-" Katia tries to say but the man cuts her off.

"Not to interrupt you ladies of course but to answer your question, my mother is dead, so she didn't have the time to teach me anything, but my sister taught me instead." His voice is smooth enough to make me want to cover my ears so I don't have to hear him anymore, even with his Arab accent. He takes one step into the light and immediately I look down.

The light had illuminated his face, and from the split second my eyes saw his face all I could think of was that I wanted to stare at it forever... it was beautiful. I haven't seen anyone with so much beauty. No one...

A blush spread on my cheeks, but I kept my gaze down nevertheless. Mashallah.

I walk out of the room saying I need to use the bathroom, but I'm reality I need to take a breath and hope that I don't have to talk to that man ever again.

A little while later Katia comes rushing into her bedroom where I am, "What the hell was that back there Samina?!" She asks me furiously, and I scowl.

"He was yelling at you, and I decided that I didn't want him to die so I just stepped in," I claim. She sighs, knowing I was just trying to help, even though I feel like a child being told off I'm still happy she understands that much.

"Samina do you really not know who that second man was?"

"No, should I?"

"That man is the biggest man you will ever come across, that man will kill you with a blink of an eye Samina. That's why I was tolerating that other dude shouting at me, it's because I didn't want to cause any more commotion than needed," she explains to me.

"So who is he?" I ask.

"His name is... Azim Hafeez."

My heart stops... my heart just stops, and I forget how to breathe. 'That's- no! It can't be him!! That cannot be him, please ya Allah! That can't be him!'

Katia is asking me a question. She's shaking my shoulders but I can't seem to focus on anything but that name.

"Samina what's wrong?!" Katia takes hold of my face to help me focus.

"Katia... that man- he's," I take a shuddering breath, "he's my fiancée."

~❀~

A/n: Salam everyone! This is a short chapter but I hope you all like it still.  Please Vote and Comment on what you think ab this story so far!

Alahafiz ♥️