Chapter 26: "What is going on?"

No.

I am not falling for him. No. There is NO way I am falling for a monster! For- for someone like him! He kills people for fun! He's insane! I was forced into this marriage with him, and that's it.

...is that really all this is though?

Yes. It is.

But this moment feels... all too real. Azim stares back at me with his lips parted in surprise. He did not expect me to say that. To be honest I didn't expect to say that either. But I wanted to.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Maybe it was a mistake. Yes. It had to have been a mistake. It just came out of my mouth in the moment! I didn't mean-

The sound of laughter cuts through my thoughts like a knife. I pull back to see a blinding smile on his face while he clutches his stomach. I raise an eyebrow at the picture in front of me.

When he continues to laugh I begin to smile, "What is going on?" I whisper and shake my head.

Looking at him like this something in my chest warms, he looks even more beautiful than before-

A stabbing pain erupts in my side, I wrench a hand on my side as my breath also comes out in quick puffs, and I groan in pain. The room immediately quiets and Azim is in front of me in a flash placing a hand over mine, "Where does it hurt," he asks urgently.

"My- my ribs, and my head is..." I squeeze my eyes shut and let my head drop, "Is pounding."

"The morphine has definitely worn off," he mutters to himself then yells for the nurse to come inside his room.

My ears begin to ring and I feel nauseous. The heat in this room feels as if it's been turned up all the way and my skin breaks in a sweat. "Azim..." I gasp, my chest feels heavy and as soon as his arms reach out for me I've slumped forward and lost all sense of time as my vision fades to black.