Chapter 21: My Wife

Azim
Today was a long day. I had to talk to two different meetings back-to-back. I babysat Ali and made sure he didn't try to kill his brother at the meeting. It was quite annoying. Now I'm ready to go home and rest.

Samina is most likely sulking somewhere on the roof because I told her not to leave. There are people after me. They want to get to me, and after the wedding, they will be after her. There is too much going on. On the plus side, I'll know she's safe at the house, and since I have some guards standing at the front door and the gate it makes for extra security. Though the guards are new, and this is their test. Just keep her home. How hard is that?

The second I arrive home, I sense something off. Pulling into the garage I see that the car I usually take is gone. I would have been informed if anyone was taking a car. Either it's been stolen or... no. There is no way.

I sprint to the nearest guard and grab his shoulders in a death grip, "Where is she?" He stammers and I grip harder, "Where is Samina? Where is my wife?"

"S-Sir we- we don't- we didn't- she asked where the cars were. She- well she left." The man looks like he's on the verge of tears.

"Why..." my voice dropped to a deadly whisper, "I gave each one of you specific orders. Who let her leave?"

He points towards the guard at the front door. I release him and as soon as I reach the other guard I wrap my hands around his neck, as his eyes widen in fear, "Why did you let her go?" He wheezes and tries to speak but I tighten my grip.

"S-she..."

Crack

I don't let him finish, my anger rising. I leave his limp body on the doorstep and get in my car. Ali gets in the passenger side and speaks frantically on the phone to the rest of our team.

I pull up the tracker for the car she took and find that it's parked at the mall. She's been there for too long. It's been 10 hours, and the car hasn't moved since.

"Sir-"

"Wallahi, Ali. If you tell me anything not concerning her I will not hesitate to-"

He cuts me off, "Sir, we have a general idea of where she may be located."

"Turn the general location into a specific location, then speak to me again," I pin him with a stare, "Never cut me off again."

"Yes sir."

He continues to inform me about the phone she had on her, and the last place it was located. The team is currently taking hold of any security footage in the area.

No one will rest until we have found her. I will make sure of it.